Was Darth Vader supposed to have and English accent?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Was Anakin supposed to have a British accent underneath the helmet (and it change his voice like Prof Stephen Hawking). When Luke takes off the Vader helmet he clearly has an English accent... Prequels just confuse the matter further with Anakin adopting a strange crap acting accent.

As we all know the majority of the Imperials had evil English accents so it isnt outside the realm of possibility.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I always assumed the voice with the mask was altered for affect. The Empire was all about fear and intimidation, and his voice with the mask on is definitely intimidating.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Its not british. Britain doesnt exist yet. It's a Long time ago. In a galaxy far away, Remember. As a matter of fact, Theyre not even speaking English. The language most commonly spoken is Galactic Basic. There is a built in translation unit installed on your tv that switches the language into something you can understand. Todays computers are programmed to associate intelligence with pure speech, so a british accent is applied to individuals in cinema to show class structure, or intelligence.

LMAO, I though about doing a few pargraphs of this nonsense, but I have work to do. Peace out.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Okay well the same alien accent as Obi Wan which is spookily similar to Old Anakin Darqnezz lol

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm sure this is some kind of wey hey but Dave Prowse was English and JEJ was dubbed over the top after filming was complete

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
Slight digression: been awhile since i saw a whole movie with English spoken by British actors and not by American actors - Kingsman was awesome!

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
No Leigh, I mean in the film Return of the Jedi, Anakin is played by Sebastian Shaw an English actor. Yes David Prowse was under the suit and JEJ did the machine voice but maybe thats all it was a machine voice like Stephen Hawking's machine voice and he was always intended to be English/similars ounding to Obiwan.

Agree Stick, Kingsman is great, you should check out Harry Brown

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
His name was really Sebastian Shaw? Interesting coincidence.

My British accent is clearly superior to Vader's.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Ha ha hey I hadn't even twigged the Hellfire club connection. If Anakin had your British accent Luke would have fallen about laughing and left him in the Death Star ; )