Listen Watch Prince shred this guitar solo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I went to a Prince tribute band last night. I live in the middle of Hicksville, USA and this event was basically held in a barn. Concerts at this place are usually attended by people who spend most of their weekends slamming beers listening to Toby Keith sing about Red Solo Cups.

But last night it was a very diverse crowd which - if I'm being honest - is pretty odd around here. But I didn't see a single confrontation all night. Just a bunch of humans showing their love for Prince. It was very cool.

20220311_230755.jpg

They did a good job. But it took 3 people to do what Prince did. The lead singer sounded great, but couldn't hit all the notes so they had a woman masquerading as a backup singer hit some of the higher pitched notes. And for most of the songs the guy playing Prince had a guitar in his hands but he wasn't actually playing shit. He did a good job selling it - he completely fooled my wife. The guitar parts were handled by the lead player - and they were also playing some pre-recorded stuff because at certain times there were guitar notes being hit that nobody on stage would have been able to play based on where their fingers were on the fretboard.

But overall - a great show and a fun night.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I went to a Prince tribute band last night. I live in the middle of Hicksville, USA and this event was basically held in a barn. Concerts at this place are usually attended by people who spend most of their weekends slamming beers listening to Toby Keith sing about Red Solo Cups.

But last night it was a very diverse crowd which - if I'm being honest - is pretty odd around here. But I didn't see a single confrontation all night. Just a bunch of humans showing their love for Prince. It was very cool.

View attachment 63138

They did a good job. But it took 3 people to do what Prince did. The lead singer sounded great, but couldn't hit all the notes so they had a woman masquerading as a backup singer hit some of the higher pitched notes. And for most of the songs the guy playing Prince had a guitar in his hands but he wasn't actually playing shit. He did a good job selling it - he completely fooled my wife. The guitar parts were handled by the lead player - and they were also playing some pre-recorded stuff because at certain times there were guitar notes being hit that nobody on stage would have been able to play based on where their fingers were on the fretboard.

But overall - a great show and a fun night.
I knew his songs because he hit big when I was a kid.
But I recall the first time seeing him play guitar, and being impressed.

I didn't like his goofy signature guitars, but they were distinctively him.