Watching Aquaman Now!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
Watching a pirated version of Aquaman fellas!...

Not because its a good movie but specifically for research purposes.
I want to see if its as gay and faggy as all the trailers.

The first 5 minutes has certainly exceeded all fag expectations

Like ordering a cinnamon latte with whip cream and sprinkles of extra gay
at Starbucks... Aquaman does not disappoint!

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yep, first 20 minutes weren't terrible.
I couldn't take the blur, it's worth a trip to the theatre just to get outta the house imo. Still may walk out on it & catch a ball game at Red Robin.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So did it add gay to your person?

Thanks for braving the research for us. Judging by the trailers, it ached to be the little mermaid for adults. Female or gay adults. #notthattheresanythingwrongwithit

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
It was pretty mediocre and profoundly silly in places. (At one point, there was a giant octopus playing drums. Who thought this was a good idea?)

Nov 21, 2015
So did it add gay to your person?

Thanks for braving the research for us. Judging by the trailers, it ached to be the little mermaid for adults. Female or gay adults. #notthattheresanythingwrongwithit
It was just awful. The acting was awful too.

There were some decent parts but geez...DC will never be Marvel
that for damn sure

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
If you like Super hero movies it has some decent parts.

The acting and directing was just bad.

Some cool effects though
That's kind of what I figured to be honest. I watched the animated movie that this is based off. It was kind of cool, but the previews of the live action movie really made it seem like they were trying to glamor the story up for silver screen purposes. I also don't really like Jason Mamoa for the Aquaman role even though I'm a fan of him in general.

Nov 21, 2015
That's kind of what I figured to be honest. I watched the animated movie that this is based off. It was kind of cool, but the previews of the live action movie really made it seem like they were trying to glamor the story up for silver screen purposes. I also don't really like Jason Mamoa for the Aquaman role even though I'm a fan of him in general.
If you can fight through the first 30 minutes the effects will make you feel like you didn't
waste 2 hours

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Momoa character was absolutely retarded, trying too hard to appeal America's pop cultural.
Script sucked balls.
It was cool to see an OG character in Manta, although...
the agenda to "black-ize" characters is pathetic. "BLACK Manta? Really? Jeebus H Shabazz. Some tired-ass Hollywood boolshit. I got one for you, it's called "The Last Nigga on earth", starring Tom Hanks. (Credit to negrodamus)

Despite all the cringiness, I'd actually watch it again, maybe in 3D or 4k Ultra HD. There was some really cool stuff in it. Kinda like The Super Abyss with an exceptional soundtrack, although lacking a complete identity.
I'm not sure about the run time, but it seemed in between "regular" & "epic" in length.
Also starred Patrick Wilson in a good role.
I'd recommend watching it in Imax Dolby or high quality picture/sound or 3D if you're into that.
If you go to the theatre 6 times a year, this could squeeze in as one worth seeing on the big screen, as long as you enter with no expectations.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Haha I feel ya bro. Try to hang in there

You're in for some cool effects

The acting only gets worse though...
I couldn’t do it. Even though I started paying more attention to my phone than the movie about 35 minutes in, I still had to shut it down half an hour or so before the end. Special effects do not make an obscenely bad movie worth watching.

Poor DC. So many great characters yet so many upsettingly awful movies.