General Waylon Cover + Waylon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
PS my Dad met Willie Nelson...played a couple song with him
Drank with him and a ton of other folks.....Willie busted out a joint

My dad took a few hits....got the spins and ended up puking his guts out

He says he just couldn't keep up with willie...this was the 70s

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

Badass. How cool that must've been.

Over the holidays this year my 4-year old's favorite xmas music to listen to was Wille's Pretty Paper album. I'm sure you can imagine how proud I was every time he asked to listen to it. I'm reading Willies newest book right now too. My son saw it sitting out the other day and said "hey! That's willie Nelson, he's my grandpapa". He's a good kid :)

Good cover by Wheeler. I like that he's one of the guys out there criticizing what country music has evolved in to. Much of the current popular country is shit, IMO. Not all, but much of it.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Badass. How cool that must've been.

Over the holidays this year my 4-year old's favorite xmas music to listen to was Wille's Pretty Paper album. I'm sure you can imagine how proud I was every time he asked to listen to it. I'm reading Willies newest book right now too. My son saw it sitting out the other day and said "hey! That's willie Nelson, he's my grandpapa". He's a good kid :)

Good cover by Wheeler. I like that he's one of the guys out there criticizing what country music has evolved in to. Much of the current popular country is shit, IMO. Not all, but much of it.
sweet
In that waylon video above there is text across screen that says good parenting is finding waylon on your kids iTunes.

yep some great artist out there right now

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
sweet
In that waylon video above there is text across screen that says good parenting is finding waylon on your kids iTunes.

yep some great artist out there right now
Waylon was so awesome. In my mind that era of country, and a lot of what proceeded it, is timeless.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Rambo John J @Rambo John J

I'm sure you know Waylon's famous Luckenbach, TX song.

That's a little over an hour from where I live. It's set in the Texas "hill country" near the tourist town of Fredricksburg. It's right in the heart of where German and Czech immigrant settled in the 1800s. Cool area.

Anyway, I've been to the bar where Willie, Waylon, etc used to play. Luckenbach is a tiny little town, just a few buildings and houses. The bar still exists and while no big names play there in there any more, there is always live music. The place has an aura for sure. I've never heard bad music in there. Oh how I wish I could have been there back in the day.

There's your useless info for the day

"

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rambo John J @Rambo John J

I'm sure you know Waylon's famous Luckenbach, TX song.

That's a little over an hour from where I live. It's set in the Texas "hill country" near the tourist town of Fredricksburg. It's right in the hear where German and Czech immigrant settled in the 1800s. Cool area.

Anyway, I've been to the bar where Willie, Waylon, etc used to play. Luckenbach is a tiny little town, just a few buildings and houses. The bar still exists and while no big names play there in there any more, there is always live music. The place has an aura for sure. I've never heard bad music in there. Oh how I wish I could have been there back in the day.

There's your useless info for the day

"
all info is useless to someone
your posts and info is priceless IMO

Dashabox

Fi fie fo fum
Dec 7, 2017
Anyways, i'm in. I have been meaning to add a bunch of Jennings' songs onto my USB for the truck. I have a music service with Amazon that I havent looked into and I have XM which I have never used...anyone knoow if the Amazon service has any of the Outlaw stuff?

Bocephus

Oct 2, 2017

I won a contest at work circa 2007ish and got to do a meet and greet with willie. We went on his tour bus with a couple j’s rolled up. He wouldn’t smoke ours but he smoked his own and chilled for 15 minutes. Fucking epic time.