We now have a user map - Temporarily disabled

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
LINK HERE: https://themmacommunity.com/usermap
PARTICIPATION IS OPTIONAL AND CREATED AS A WAY FOR MEMBERS TO PLAN MEETUPS AND WATCH FIGHTS TOGETHER.
Additionally, this can currently be found by going to MEMBERS at the top menu and then on the dropdown going to MAP.

Who can see this?
Members that have posted enough to unlock the search and members list. New users and guests cannot.

Where does the information come from?
If you put a location in your personal details I attempt to grab a location from google maps. You can make this anything google can identify to your comfort -- address (I wouldn't), zip, city, state, country, long/lat.

https://themmacommunity.com/account/personal-details
If you don't put a location, you don't show up on the map. It's your choice.

What if I want to keep my location in my profile but not show up on the map?
Go to your profile preferences where it says Show me on the User Map: and select HIDE. You will then still have your location but not be on the map.
https://themmacommunity.com/account/preferences

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
what does the yellow button with the number represent?

im impressed again, Splinty. and im not referring to your programming or stalker abilities. but ur brain. these 2 rollouts are very creative and have a lot of potential. #youareawesome

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
what does the yellow button with the number represent?
Its a heat map when you have a lot of people in the same area. Zoom in and you will see it show the individual dots. If that's not obvious, I can just make it all dots. But often google uses these heat maps so you aren't just flood with so many dots all the time.

these 2 rollouts are very creative and have a lot of potential. #youareawesome
Thanks! The goal is for us to all have fun, talk a little friendly shit, and bond over some shared interests. How cool if you can make some new friends to drink a beer with on fight night?

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Its a heat map when you have a lot of people in the same area. Zoom in and you will see it show the individual dots. If that's not obvious, I can just make it all dots. But often google uses these heat maps so you aren't just flood with so many dots all the time.

Thanks! The goal is for us to all have fun, talk a little friendly shit, and bond over some shared interests. How cool if you can make some new friends to drink a beer with on fight night?
i figured a heat map. just asking. thanks!

and yeah yeah. i hear ya on creating that for us. im seeing a lot of potential in other ways. namely for the growth of your baby. what a humble/smart resposne from u to answer in terms of the community. case in point, as i said early, ur a smart cookie

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Or you can touch the button and it will automatically zoom in and separate to the individual dots.

M

member 3289

Controls seem to either have Downs or require a Master's degree in Computer Engineering from MIT to operate.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Is there an option where people can indicate how many windows their house has that are accessible from street level and whether they sleep in the nude?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Interesting feature. Just about everyone here is either someone I already chill with or banned.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
I'm sure this is great, but does it need to be at the very bottom of the "forums" pull-down menu?

I've accidentally clicked it like 12 times already trying to access "new posts."

Yes, I am formally requesting that the mods protect me from my own stupidity.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm sure this is great, but does it need to be at the very bottom of the "forums" pull-down menu?

I've accidentally clicked it like 12 times already trying to access "new posts."

Yes, I am formally requesting that the mods protect me from my own stupidity.

Fixed. Still under members or via your own profile page.

Status
Not open for further replies.