We now support two-step verification for your account

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What's two step verification?

This is an OPTIONAL way of requiring two steps to get into your account.
One step is the usual password. The next step is some second step like a special code from an app on your phone.

You would enter your password plus a unique code from your app or from a code sent to your trusted email.

Why might you want it?

Lots of people use their password shared among sites. While we take security seriously, including encrypting and salting your passwords, others might not. Or your password is compromised some other way. Whatever the case, if you are using two step verification, just knowing the password isn't enough to get into your account.

So I have to do an extra step every single time I log in?

Firstly, this is completely optional and we just want to give an extra option for those that want this.
Once setup, you can click "Trust this device" in the two step login process. The device you are logging in from will be trusted for 30 days. You will only need the two step process for other devices or after 30 days. Some guy in China trying to get in your account? Can't do it.

How do you turn it on?

By going to your personal details and clicking two-step verification, or you can just click here: http://themmacommunity.com/account/two-step

You will be prompted to enter your password and then can choose the second step to be an app or to send a verification email during each log.

Further info on different apps can be found with a quick google. Most use something like Authy or the official Google Authenticator app.

You will be prompted to scan the code and that will sync your app with our site.

What if I lose access to my phone or other device?

Dropped your phone in your toilet?
If you can still log in from a trusted device (inside that 30 day window) you can just click that link above and turn off 2 step authentication. Set it back up once you are ready.

You can also backup certificates in the setup process to get you back in.

And finally, you can always contact us and we will help get things resolved

Contact Us | The MMA Community Forum

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's a cool feature but with all due respect this is an MMA forum not a bank. If my account got compromised here what's the worse they can do make a few bets and welch?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's a cool feature but with all due respect this is an MMA forum not a bank. If my account got compromised here what's the worse they can do make a few bets and welch?

Was an easy addition and I might be integrating further access into your account in the future :)

This will be used for the moderator and admin staff primarily for now.