General We should have the technology for that by now

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
It’s nearing the end of 2021 and despite all the technological advances we have witnessed in our lifetimes, we might as well be living in the Stone Age in many ways.

Forgetting about the money or red tape that might get in the way, what are some of the things we should have the technology to address by now? I’ll start:
  • Cleaning-up after taking a shit. Are you telling me wiping our asses with paper or spraying it with water is the best we can do?
  • Snow & ice removal. Why are we shoveling, salting, and risking our lives driving in the winter? Why aren’t roads made with something that could melt it and/or prevent it from accumulating?
  • Seatbelts & airbags. We have been relying on a piece of canvas and glorified balloons to keep us alive in an accident for many decades.
What other areas should we be far more advanced by now than we are?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I’m too scared to get a vasectomy. Can you change my mind?
If the choice is vasectomy versus spouse getting tubes done, let me tell you:
Vasectomy is much safer. Therefore getting a vasectomy is an extension of the protector role we men try to perform for our families. It protects your wife from anesthesia and a larger surgery.
Vasectomy doesn't change your hormones including testosterone, your ejaculate amount to any appreciable level, or your sensation during sex. It's only the sperm highway being disrupted.
Vasectomy can be done with some xanax and local in about 20-30 minutes in the office. If you are really worried, you could get it done at the hospital but it costs more and you are now exposed to anesthesia, though the procedure is inherently still safer than tubals.

Vasectomy gives you choice and lets you take the hit for your wife. It's a manly thing to do. It's well tolerated with low risk of complication in usual cases.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
If the choice is vasectomy versus spouse getting tubes done, let me tell you:
Vasectomy is much safer. Therefore getting a vasectomy is an extension of the protector role we men try to perform for our families. It protects your wife from anesthesia and a larger surgery.
Vasectomy doesn't change your hormones including testosterone, your ejaculate amount to any appreciable level, or your sensation during sex. It's only the sperm highway being disrupted.
Vasectomy can be done with some xanax and local in about 20-30 minutes in the office. If you are really worried, you could get it done at the hospital but it costs more and you are now exposed to anesthesia, though the procedure is inherently still safer than tubals.

Vasectomy gives you choice and lets you take the hit for your wife. It's a manly thing to do. It's well tolerated with low risk of complication in usual cases.
What kind of pain level are we talking here? I’m terrified of any needle going near my balls.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What kind of pain level are we talking here? I’m terrified of any needle going near my balls.
Stick and a burn for entry. Like dental anesthesia. It's not great. After that, the biggest thing is that nut kicking sensation can occur if the surgeon is tugging. I use a lot of lidocaine on entry and also at the vas to prevent this. Typically well tolerated and I consult every patient before hand to do an anatomy check. Skinnier guy with the boys hanging? Easy peazy and well tolerated. Big boy and the boys are close to the body? the target is hard to get to and requires more pulling to bring the testicle down and identify the vas. Can cause nut kicking sensation.
In general most patients do great after their first or second xanax (take one on the way. Take the other on arrival. I've had some patients sleep during the procedure, crack jokes, etc. All sound like they've had a beer or two as their wives are getting them back to the car)

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Stick and a burn for entry. Like dental anesthesia. It's not great. After that, the biggest thing is that nut kicking sensation can occur if the surgeon is tugging. I use a lot of lidocaine on entry and also at the vas to prevent this. Typically well tolerated and I consult every patient before hand to do an anatomy check. Skinnier guy with the boys hanging? Easy peazy and well tolerated. Big boy and the boys are close to the body? the target is hard to get to and requires more pulling to bring the testicle down and identify the vas. Can cause nut kicking sensation.
In general most patients do great after their first or second xanax (take one on the way. Take the other on arrival. I've had some patients sleep during the procedure, crack jokes, etc. All sound like they've had a beer or two as their wives are getting them back to the car)
I guess this puts me a bit more at ease.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I got one arbor 2-3 years ago and it was surprisingly and easy. No real pain to discuss during the actual process. No swelling or major discomfort afterwards. Didn’t roll for about a month then eased into some rounds.

Overall would recommend.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
MMA forums

Forums in general.
I always thought that the various forum softwares should run a central repository app that would let you plug your various forums together into a single page.

This would kind of be like Reddit or what Tapatalk tried to do but they screwed it up by being a terrible app with tons of ads and garbage.

So you would come to our website which we run and maybe there are three other websites you like to go to that run the same software. There should be a way to "add those websites" to this site so that topics from this other sites show up here. And vice versa.
Or perhaps the software manufacturer would run the Reddit equivalent of a front page and add the various forums onto it.

The downside would be that website owners would lose some screen real estate for advertisements on the main page, but I'm tired of forum indexes anyway and working on design to get rid of it.
But you could still let individual formowners maintain ads and whatnot inside the forums proper.
And the benefit for owners is that such a front page would act like a competitor to behemoths like Reddit that any individual website owner cannot compete against. It would help traffic just like running a subreddit.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I got one arbor 2-3 years ago and it was surprisingly and easy. No real pain to discuss during the actual process. No swelling or major discomfort afterwards. Didn’t roll for about a month then eased into some rounds.

Overall would recommend.
It seems like a good time to do it, considering I can’t roll right now because my neck.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Forums in general.
I always thought that the various forum softwares should run a central repository app that would let you plug your various forums together into a single page.

This would kind of be like Reddit or what Tapatalk tried to do but they screwed it up by being a terrible app with tons of ads and garbage.

So you would come to our website which we run and maybe there are three other websites you like to go to that run the same software. There should be a way to "add those websites" to this site so that topics from this other sites show up here. And vice versa.
Or perhaps the software manufacturer would run the Reddit equivalent of a front page and add the various forums onto it.

The downside would be that website owners would lose some screen real estate for advertisements on the main page, but I'm tired of forum indexes anyway and working on design to get rid of it.
But you could still let individual formowners maintain ads and whatnot inside the forums proper.
And the benefit for owners is that such a front page would act like a competitor to behemoths like Reddit that any individual website owner cannot compete against. It would help traffic just like running a subreddit.
I be running multiple tabs, babe!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
If you took a picture of the average household today and the average household in the 70s it would be largely the same with the exception of quantity of screens. When you realize that, it's extremely disappointing.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

Overall would recommend.
Pretty much same experience for me aside from the rolling.
Slight discomfort/swelling but no pain meds needed and no valium beforehand.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Reliable renewable energy in general. The fact that we haven’t harnessed the power of the ocean, wind, or sun, in a effective manner by now is mind-boggling
From what I gather with sun and wind, storage is a big issue.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
We still have areas in the country that have zero cell service. Blows me away.