Weekly review

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Review this meme

The font is too big. The black on white feels wrong too. It's actually quite aggressive given the water colour feel of the images. I find the speech bubble is unnecessary given the words say the same thing. It leads me to believe the artist thinks I'm so stupid I cannot understand the word ambulance without seeing an actual image of the vehicle. He/she/they may be using this as a device to reinforce his/her/they joke and using the rule of 3 by including the picture but I found this offensive. The core message here is healthcare is so expensive you may be better off dying than requesting professional help. I fail to see the humour in this.

The victim seems to have reddened knuckles as does the person holding him up. This adds to the confusion. Have they both just fought each other and it's gone too far? Is this some sort of male rape fantasy?

The grammar and syntax are clearly written with someone with a poor grasp of English. Perhaps we are losing something in translation. This intrigues me.

As a stand alone piece it doesn't really work, too disparate and disjointed but it's provenance ( if proved ) could make this a masterpiece.

2/10

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
The font is too big. The black on white feels wrong too. It's actually quite aggressive given the water colour feel of the images. I find the speech bubble is unnecessary given the words say the same thing. It leads me to believe the artist thinks I'm so stupid I cannot understand the word ambulance without seeing an actual image of the vehicle. He/she/they may be using this as a device to reinforce his/her/they joke and using the rule of 3 by including the picture but I found this offensive. The core message here is healthcare is so expensive you may be better off dying than requesting professional help. I fail to see the humour in this.

The victim seems to have reddened knuckles as does the person holding him up. This adds to the confusion. Have they both just fought each other and it's gone too far? Is this some sort of male rape fantasy?

The grammar and syntax are clearly written with someone with a poor grasp of English. Perhaps we are losing something in translation. This intrigues me.

As a stand alone piece it doesn't really work, too disparate and disjointed but it's provenance ( if proved ) could make this a masterpiece.

2/10
Well done.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015

2/10
Thanks for taking that one for me. I didn’t care to do it.