Weidman Agrees to Face Hermansson at UFC Fight Night 174 (MW)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
oh for FUCK'S SAKE. hermannson will so obviously win this and completely obliterate Weidman's career, most likely injuring him in the process.

how about someone ranked 6-7(/8), not known for their abundantly vicious killer instinct

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Weidman doesn’t get enough respect for the guts he has. Between injuries and losses the dude has had numerous chances to take a step down in competition, but continues to fight nothing but former champs and contenders.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Weidman doesn’t get enough respect for the guts he has. Between injuries and losses the dude has had numerous chances to take a step down in competition, but continues to fight nothing but former champs and contenders.
Guts or stupidity? He need wins to get his self confidence back. Getting knocked out again and again is doing him no good.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Guts or stupidity? He need wins to get his self confidence back. Getting knocked out again and again is doing him no good.
It’s a thin line between guts and stupidity, and even thinner for a former defending champ. That said, ever since the Rockhold loss, up until Reyes, he was winning before he lost. Romero until the knee. Mousasi until the controversial ref SAC debacle. (KO’d Gastelum clean after that). Was beating the breaks off Jacare before the KO out of the blue. You are totally right about his dome taking a beating, but I can appreciate his spirit knowing he is still on par with the division’s upper tier.

Edit: Jehannum @Jehannum corrected me that he tapped Kelvin, not KO. Thanks for calling me out ya jerk.

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The real story is that the UFC is going to headline an event with a guy coming off 5/6 KO losses vs a guy also coming off a KO loss.

What a fucking quality main event.

I heard Jack on a interview and he seems like a real cool likable guy. Im a fan.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I actually think even Hermansson is too good an opponent for Weidman at this point, expecting a really one sided domination.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
It’s a thin line between guts and stupidity, and even thinner for a former defending champ. That said, ever since the Rockhold loss, up until Reyes, he was winning before he lost. Romero until the knee. Mousasi until the controversial ref SAC debacle. (KO’d Gastelum clean after that). Was beating the breaks off Jacare before the KO out of the blue. You are totally right about his dome taking a beating, but I can appreciate his spirit knowing he is still on par with the division’s upper tier.
KO'd Gastelum with an arm triangle choke? :D

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I made this when Hermansson fought Jacare (that skull is actually Jacare but heavily edited) very nerdy I know

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Yes, it was a tremendously impressive maneuver. Lol. Whatever you ass! He beat him.
I know what you mean, he hurt Gastelum and the little guy really didn't like it and went into his shell.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I like this fight. It is a nice step down in competition. Hermansson is very good, but a loss here has to open Weidman’s eyes that he needs to hang them up.

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
I dunno man. I knpw Hermanson is good and clearly has a lot of support here but i get the feeling Weidman will get this; if he employs a heavy wrestin strat he could submit him