Weidman fires back at Rockhold

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I have a lot of respect for for Luke," Weidman told Fight Network. "He's got a good skill set, but if he's believing the things he's saying right now I can't wait to just see that look on his face when he finally realizes that he was wrong when we're in the cage together. I'll see it. I'll feel it. It's a breaking point that he's going to feel and realize that I'm in a different class than him."

Specifically responding to Rockhold's comments on his speed, Weidman says he's already proven himself against stiffer competition.

"I like it," said Weidman. "It puts a smile on my face. I just want people to remember all the things he's saying. On Dec. 12, I want people to remember these things. Look at the guys I've fought. Anderson Silva. Lyoto Machida. Vitor Belfort. All those guys are much quicker than Luke Rockhold and I did just fine."

LINK: Morning Report: Chris Weidman 'can't wait to see the look on Luke Rockhold's face' when he breaks - MMA Fighting

Tyler Durden

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise
Oct 25, 2015
Well, Weidman ain't wrong in what he says.

Still think it's going to be a great fight. Rockhold won't be a pushover. It almost feels like Chris is looking past him.

M

member 3289

Rockhold is very good. He proved that in the Machida fight.

I just think that Weidman is on another level than everyone in that division.

jof

Oct 24, 2015
185 is awesome right now. I don't care who wins or loses but that division is full of beasts.

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015
Since i cant help but root for nearly any Strikeforce guy/gal, im picking Luke. But he needs to ko/sub chris to backup all that he's saying, a dec is still a win but when you talk like luke has you have to finish. Take away the vitor fight and luke has been crushing people since Strikeforce.

Im looking forward to this fight more than Ronda vs Holly & Aldo vs that one guy combined.

Stern

Fuck you
Sep 7, 2015
MMA is a game of levels. Weidman is on another level than Luke. Outside of being better looking,Rockhold has nothing for The Chris.

Weidman KO RD Uno

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015
MMA is a game of levels. Weidman is on another level than Luke. Outside of being better looking,Rockhold has nothing for The Chris.

Weidman KO RD Uno
Why is weidman on another level? Because he didnt let silva clown him, or because he dec'd Machida, or is it the fact he got to fight a very soft vitor? Im just curious.

Id say this fight is as even as it gets, it could go either way but it wont end in 1 thats forsure.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Very unlikely it's a 1st rounder. This is a close fight. I see a decision for the winner. I don't see a finish in this fight.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
I think it will be a finish in favour of the champ. Neither guy will ever "take a round off" or go "70%".
They'll be in each other's face the whole time, hence the finish.
Weidman has shown himself to be a champion against the very best, hence him winning again.
Weidman by referee stoppage, round 3.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Im going w/ weidman. Weidman's better wrestling and the power in his hands will get him the win. And rockhold looks kind of chinny (although it was trtvitor) and rockhold got skills but I just don't see him outgrappling, outstriking weidman.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Weidman is a beast. I hope he KO's Rockhold. Make it a definitive win.

Stern

Fuck you
Sep 7, 2015
Why is weidman on another level? Because he didnt let silva clown him, or because he dec'd Machida, or is it the fact he got to fight a very soft vitor? Im just curious.

Id say this fight is as even as it gets, it could go either way but it wont end in 1 thats forsure.
Yeah pretty much.

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

I'm the Wan you've been looking for.
Oct 29, 2015

I agree. This fight seems to be even to me as well. Both guys are so well-rounded. With them being so close skill-wise, and with neither having a glaring hole in their game, I'm hoping for a Robbie/Rory type of fight. An evenly matched war. I'm not a personal fan of either, but I'm very excited for this fight.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
If Luke is willing to spam that left kick early Weidman will be there to eat them. I think Luke's minimalist style will play well against Weidman's methodical one. Patience and control of where the grappling takes place will decide this I think.