Weidman wants Jacare next; Souza willing to take that fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

“That fight does intrigue me,” Weidman said (via MMA Fighting). “I love ‘Jacare.’ I’m a fan of ‘Jacare.’ I just feel like he would be a great test for me. We’ve been around each other for a long time in the division. We never fought. And I would love to test myself against him.”

The feeling appears to be mutual.

”It’s a fight that makes sense,” Souza told MMA Fighting. “It would be a huge pleasure to fight him. I don’t know if he’s healthy because he just has hand surgery. What I know is that I’m super healthy. I’ll give my body a few days to rest, celebrate my anniversary a lot more, and then I’ll be back to training.”

Chris Weidman wants to test himself against Ronaldo Souza and ‘Jacare’ says ‘my pleasure’

Me likey!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
This is a winnable fight for Chris. No one will have the edge in wrestling/grappling so maybe this is a stand up fight and Chris used to have pretty decent stand up.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I like it
Tough match for both guys and they should be ranked about the same

Hope they put this together

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
You know the MW division is deep when this fight hasn’t happened yet. Can’t wait!!!

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
celebrate my anniversary a lot more, and then I’ll be back to training.”

Porra caralho!

Bless UP Jacare.

I saw the snide smile just reading via text.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is a winnable fight for Chris. No one will have the edge in wrestling/grappling so maybe this is a stand up fight and Chris used to have pretty decent stand up.
I always thought Weidman’s stand up was overrated.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It's def not great but it may be better than Jacare.
Jacare looks stiff, though he seems to hit hard.....Weidman is more loose (gosh damn are the “you’re a homo” comments coming)
......Weidman will come at you full speed and he’s been looking tired as of late.....

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Jacare looks stiff, though he seems to hit hard.....Weidman is more loose (gosh damn are the “you’re a homo” comments coming)
......Weidman will come at you full speed and he’s been looking tired as of late.....
Agreed about him looking tired.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Weidman needs to go fuck a sea urchin and stick to blowing his nose on the flag while chump commentators call him the "all American. I'd rather see him in a hot dog eating competition than see him disgrace America in the Octagon again.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Chris just got over a 3 fight losing streak by beating a former WW, his confidence isn't where it should be I'm guessing. The last time I was impressed with him was the 5th round against Machida iirc, may have been the 3rd. He also looks uncomfortable throwing kicks still, so strange.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Weidman needs to go fuck a sea urchin and stick to blowing his nose on the flag while chump commentators call him the "all American. I'd rather see him in a hot dog eating competition than see him disgrace America in the Octagon again.
What the bloody hell is all this about?

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
good fight

weidman/jacare
rockhold/romero
whitaker,brunson/gastelum,machida

wish mousasi stayed. mw is stacked

M

member 603

good fight

weidman/jacare
rockhold/romero
whitaker,brunson/gastelum,machida

wish mousasi stayed. mw is stacked
Remember the days when MW was the weakest division, where Nate Quarry got a shot after one post TUF fight win? LOL

M

member 603

Chris my friend, Jacare will take your soul, you don't have the wrestling, BJJ, or striking to beat him.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Weidman can't ever be accused of hand picking fights.. he fights killers every time

Last edited: