Well.... Shit.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I dropped my Volvo off at the shop last Monday to have the suspension checked out. It was making a crunching sound anytime I went over a rough road or uneven pavement.

I just called to check the status, and was told "I thought you picked it up last Friday?"

Oh, dear.

There is now some panicked searching going on over there, and I'm heading by after work. I may be reporting my car stolen this evening :(

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Holy shit.
So some dude just came in and picked up your car? If they did work, did that person pay to take your car?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I dropped my Volvo off at the shop last Monday to have the suspension checked out. It was making a crunching sound anytime I went over a rough road or uneven pavement.

I just called to check the status, and was told "I thought you picked it up last Friday?"

Oh, dear.

There is now some panicked searching going on over there, and I'm heading by after work. I may be reporting my car stolen this evening :(
I would recommend reporting it anyway, the last thing you need is "why didn't you report it right away, you realise a man was run over, don't you?, Are you trying to say you just realised this?"

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I would recommend reporting it anyway, the last thing you need is "why didn't you report it right away, you realise a man was run over, don't you?, Are you trying to say you just realised this?"
This. In before the "My car was stolen from the shop and used in a multi-state crime spree that I am now the prime suspect for" thread.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
On a serious note, hopefully they just mixed up key tags or something like that. I dropped off my 3500 diesel Dually for a warranty issue shortly after I bought it, and when I went to pick it up they drove around an old beater sedan and briefly insisted that it was what I dropped off.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
This is why I always ask youtube does it know how to fix my car before handing over to a grease monkey. They prob built a load of traps into it and shifted a heap of Meth over the weekend.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Check with the local police department. They may have borrowed the back seat for a forensics workshop. ;)

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just got home from the shop. They had my car... sort of. Apparently an employee needed a car for Labor Day weekend, and just sort of helped himself to my ride. So that guy is now unemployed, and I got the service ($400-something) for free. I think the guy put less than 100 miles on it, so I'm good. I like the owner, and he solved the problem as soon as he found out, so he hasn't lost my business.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Just got home from the shop. They had my car... sort of. Apparently an employee needed a car for Labor Day weekend, and just sort of helped himself to my ride. So that guy is now unemployed, and I got the service ($400-something) for free. I think the guy put less than 100 miles on it, so I'm good. I like the owner, and he solved the problem as soon as he found out, so he hasn't lost my business.
Awesome. I'd let someone borrow my car for the weekend, for $400 too. You did the right thing here bro.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In life, and work, I try not to make things a bigger deal than they need to be. Always make problems smaller, not larger.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
In life, and work, I try not to make things a bigger deal than they need to be. Always make problems smaller, not larger.
The key to this game called life. Work with what you got. and limit the drama. Life's too short to worry about dumb shit, that you have no control over.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
$400??? What are we talking about sparks, filters, oil change, Brake pads, some belts? You should drop a fiddy on a socket set and have some fun.