Lifestyle Went to the store for a burger... bought a car

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
The supercharged ION project will have to be put on hold indefinitely now. Went to the store for a homemade burger the other day and passed by the Toyota dealership. I saw the 2018 RAV4s with available rebates, so stopped in to see what they had.

Mrs. b00ts has had my 4Runner ever since the ION’s engine pooped out and I replaced it, so I really needed to get her something so I could get my vehicle back.

One thing lead to another and a slick talking salesman offered me $300 more than the actual trade-in value of the ION and I drove off into the sunset to surprise her with an early Christmas present...

The safety features on this thing are crazy. Toyota’s come a long way since I bought my 4Runner. Thinking about going back for a Tacoma.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This thing was staring at me the whole time I was doing the paperwork

Those are always staring at me
I am a used truck guy, I buy em and drive em till they die and buy another

New Toyota trucks always tempt me though...sweet rides

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Go get the taco and let's drive around like a cool gang together. Got this for the wife not too long ago...

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Go get the taco and let's drive around like a cool gang together. Got this for the wife not too long ago...

That’s fucking nice. I had looked at getting a new 4Runner, but she didn’t like how big they were, so I figured the compact RAV4 would be perfect. My 2004 still drives like its new with only following the normal maintenance interval and a power steering pump.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This thing was staring at me the whole time I was doing the paperwork

Being in LA where road salt isn't a concern, look for a 15 or earlier. The 4.0 liter has the good down low torqueses.

Also, I hope you don't like working on your wife's car.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Ugghhh...this shit cost as much as the pro.

Premium off-road with every extra.

Pro would have lost the sunroof and some niceties to pick up the pro suspension. That's not a trade off the wife wanted.
and the grille

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I’m all about Toyota’s and Honda’s. They hold their resale value so well & seem to last forever. You did good b00ts @b00ts.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh lol. Yea, I was never a big Toyota guy until getting the 4Runner and having zero issues and then talking with other Toyota owners. Solid trucks and SUVs. Don’t know anyone with their cars though.
My family drive Toyotas so I don't have to work on cars in my spare time.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
old toyotas won't die
had a bunch and they are apocalypse vehicles for sure

I only buy old yota trucks (and a few fords), the mileage and abuse the old ones take and keep ticking is unreal

mad max scenario would be all old toyotas in a few years

I don't know shit about the new ones but they drive sweet(driven a few company rigs)

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015

What size are those rims and is that the Terra Grappler G2s or the original Terras? Diameter... 32’s? Bought a 3” spacer kit for mine and I’m wanting to put some 18’s on it with maybe some 32 G2s

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
old toyotas won't die
had a bunch and they are apocalypse vehicles for sure

I only buy old yota trucks (and a few fords), the mileage and abuse the old ones take and keep ticking is unreal

mad max scenario would be all old toyotas in a few years
Everyone gets a snorkeled Hilux