Werdum: I went into Travis Browne fight with a fractured foot

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Fabricio Werdum says he received an injection to help with his fractured foot just two hours before his fight with Browne at UFC 203.

Although Fabricio Werdum got the win against Travis Browne in the co-main event of UFC 203 last night, the Brazilian didn't look like the championship calibre fighter we'd seen in the past.

Werdum started off strong, greeting 'Hapa' with a flying side kick to the face but soon slowed down as the action wore on. Due to Browne's inactivity, since Werdum dislocated the Hawaiian's thumb with a punch in the first round, 'Vai Cavalo' cruised to a somewhat sloppy, unanimous decision win.

According to Werdum, though, he fractured his foot prior to UFC 203 and received an injection to help numb the pain just two hours before his fight with Browne.

"There's a…

Werdum: I went into UFC 203 with fractured foot

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
That shot must have worked wonders if he opened the fight with a flying side kick.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Lol. Has broken foot. Gets "injection". Starts fight with flying front kick to the face of a 6'7" man.

Es normal.

M

member 3289

they always do it. they either win or they lose for some reason.
You have to agree that it's a bad look.

In the US and other Anglo-Saxon countries it makes you look like a crybaby.

Is it more accepted in Brazil?

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
You have to agree that it's a bad look.

In the US and other Anglo-Saxon countries it makes you look like a crybaby.

Is it more accepted in Brazil?
not at all. when I found out Weidman's excuse about the Rockhold fight he sounded just as much of a crybaby.

M

member 3289

not at all. when I found out Weidman's excuse about the Rockhold fight he sounded just as much of a crybaby.
When American fighters do it they normally preface it with something like "No excuses, but... (goes on to make an excuse)"

I think JDS's excuse after the second Cain fight were the worst/lamest I've ever seen.

M

member 3289

regular john @regular john and yeah it's unfair and incorrect to say that it's a Brazilian thing but it is funny as hell (to a non-Brazilian)

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
he is lying, or he committed perjury, all fighters sign a state form pre-fight saying they are injury free, if his foot was broken he committed perjury

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
When American fighters do it they normally preface it with something like "No excuses, but... (goes on to make an excuse)"

I think JDS's excuse after the second Cain fight were the worst/lamest I've ever seen.
brazilians make the preface too. Werdum just did in this case. all fighters will make excuses when they lose.

the day a guy says "yeah he just whooped me. he's better and stronger and I'll lose to him every time" is the day he'll retire.

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
all fighters will make excuses when they lose.

the day a guy says "yeah he just whooped me. he's better and stronger and I'll lose to him every time" is the day he'll retire.
not saying shit is another option

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
yes it is but they often get asked on the spot what are their thoughts on the fight.
True, 'better man that night' seems like a decent way to tell it like it is without saying the guy could do it again

M

member 3289

yes it is but they often get asked on the spot what are their thoughts on the fight.
"He was the better man tonight" is the only acceptable answer, if you have to answer.

Doesn't mean you think the other fighter is better than you, just means they were better that night.

M

member 3289

True, 'better man that night' seems like a decent way to tell it like it is without saying the guy could do it again
Second time we've posted the same thing at the same time.

Doesn't help our defense when we get accused of being the same person.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Bad performance despite the win. He should have finished Mr Rousey at least 3 different times.
he did finish him once but the lil Brock ref decided to call a timeout and let him fix his finger. if there was a competent ref in there the fight would be over

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
Pocket Brock failed under pressure in that scenario - worst thing a ref can do