Werdum the latest to want in on WWE action

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

”I think that both (at the same time) is doable,” Werdum told MMA Fighting. “You can do WWE. … If I had the opportunity I’d fight there, no problem. It’s financially great. Fight at WWE, a spectacle that is fun to do. I’d definitely do it. I have a meeting Thursday about it, doing both (UFC and WWE). I want to fight, doesn’t matter where.”

Werdum worked in the remake of Kickboxer in 2016, and said that Kickboxer producer Rob Hickman helped him set up a meeting with the WWE representative.

”I’ll have this meeting Thursday in San Diego to see if something happens with WWE,” Werdum said. “It’s cool, a unique opportunity to do a few fights there as well. People think it’s easy, but it’s not. You have to be well trained to do those jumps, you have to be agile. It’s not easy as some people might think. It’s quite complicated. You have to be well trained and practice a lot to captivate the audience.”

Fabricio Werdum wants to participate in WWE, UFC at same time

Below, Cain and DC in the background in the silver luchadore masks at Ronda's WWE debut:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfpJdephdgO/?taken-by=layziethesavage

Cain says he would wrestle Brock for the WWE strap.

We can't forget about these two from years ago:

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
If WWE never bothered with DC or Chael (both much bigger names), I can't see them caring about Werdum & paying him enough to train for months.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

”I think that both (at the same time) is doable,” Werdum told MMA Fighting. “You can do WWE. … If I had the opportunity I’d fight there, no problem. It’s financially great. Fight at WWE, a spectacle that is fun to do. I’d definitely do it. I have a meeting Thursday about it, doing both (UFC and WWE). I want to fight, doesn’t matter where.”

Werdum worked in the remake of Kickboxer in 2016, and said that Kickboxer producer Rob Hickman helped him set up a meeting with the WWE representative.

”I’ll have this meeting Thursday in San Diego to see if something happens with WWE,” Werdum said. “It’s cool, a unique opportunity to do a few fights there as well. People think it’s easy, but it’s not. You have to be well trained to do those jumps, you have to be agile. It’s not easy as some people might think. It’s quite complicated. You have to be well trained and practice a lot to captivate the audience.”

Fabricio Werdum wants to participate in WWE, UFC at same time

Below, Cain and DC in the background in the silver luchadore masks at Ronda's WWE debut:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfpJdephdgO/?taken-by=layziethesavage

Cain says he would wrestle Brock for the WWE strap.

We can't forget about these two from years ago:

Anyone else notice Travis?

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
with the occasional "troll face" and the boomerang toss of doom, he's partway to having a viable gimmick... he'd need a good one with that physique, though. Maybe a henchman of someone modeled after the Chechen warlord leader he hangs around with?

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
Edmond, on the other hand, could be the most hated manager since the glory days of Heenan, etc. right out of the box, as long as they don't let him know it's not real

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
False.

She was over at the Royal Rumble.
Not really
She got a less than desired reaction
it was heavily discussed that her pop was nowhere near what WWE expected
it was very tepid
The biggest pop was asuka slapping her hand away.

Look at the crowd (the video below they even cut out when she came out to hardly any pop)
they are hardly "popping" for a star at her level

View: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/957829866958630912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmafighting.com%2F2018%2F1%2F28%2F16944042%2Fronda-rousey-appears-at-wwe-royal-rumble-signs-as-full-time-wrestler-this-is-my-life-now

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Not really
She got a less than desired reaction
it was heavily discussed that her pop was nowhere near what WWE expected
What kind of reaction would a rational person have expected after making people sit through a Women's Royal Rumble as the main event to a 6 hour event? Context matters.

Ronda isn't over because the WWE is re-opening an angle that everyone was sick of 3 years ago, promise.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
What kind of reaction would a rational person have expected after making people sit through a Women's Royal Rumble as the main event to a 6 hour event? Context matters.

Ronda isn't over because the WWE is re-opening an angle that everyone was sick of 3 years ago, promise.
OK so now you are agreeing she did not get a big pop?
lol

There is a reason they put her with Kurt & against Steph
To insure her getting a babyface reaction & to try & set up Steph as the 2018 Vince.

You don't know a lot about the inner-workings if you don't think they stacked everything in her favor.
It was one of the few things they been doing right.
Put her with a widely popular person like Kurt against a very hated Steph

Also no idea what angle everybody was sick of 3 years ago.
If you mean Ronda with The Rock?
That was not an angle anybody was sick of, since it never was followed up on & Rock is not involved.
RR has the charisma of a dead ant in WWE.
Kurt, HHH & Steph are carrying the angle for her.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I never said she got a big pop.
The Authority angle. They've been trying to recapture Austin/McMahon for years, and it's stale to point that it plummeted their ratings.
Again she got a tepid reax ... its not debatable.
now she gets a big pop.

As far as the "authority" crap. I agree
But for Mania it works.
Mainly bc Steph is hated & Angle is loved & Mania is in April (short payoff)
If it goes too long afterwards, it will fizzle - like most things Vince does.
Steph still gets the most "in-arena" heat of anybody & that is where we are discussing the reax to RR

But the original angle was 4h vs 4h with RR as a heel, because HHH knew she would be boo'd against any WWE roster female.
Then Vince soured on that & they wanted Steph to get the rub & to guarantee RR as a face.
RR as a face is better for the initial publicity they wanted & got.
Sadly, it hasn't turned into ratings

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
after giving it some more deep thought, I'm thinking Werdum and Roy Nelson as the New Bushwhackers with Edmond as manager could be the most successful tag team since the glory days of the Hart Foundation and the British Bulldogs:

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
after giving it some more deep thought, I'm thinking Werdum and Roy Nelson as the New Bushwhackers with Edmond as manager could be the most successful tag team since the glory days of the Hart Foundation and the British Bulldogs:

Hey hey hey... simmer down now.
NZ doesn't have much of a dog in this fight, but please leave my beloved Bushwhackers out of this.
And you can keep fucking Edmond!

Whhhoooaaaahhhh!!!!!
Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh!!!!

Brother Luke, Brother Butch - gummon bro!

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Meltzer said he doesn't have a meeting with WWE
That semi-explains the part about the meeting in San Diego, where WWE has no event on Thursday & no offices.
Maybe he has a meeting with an agent/lawyer who will try & broker the deal?

Coast

Land of the Prince Bishops
Oct 18, 2017
I can just Werdum in the WWE with his boomerang gimmick.

Chucking it in the faces of smack talking cruiser weights.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I can just Werdum in the WWE with his boomerang gimmick.

Chucking it in the faces of smack talking cruiser weights.
Love it. Be even better if he were on 205 Live doing it to the smaller wrestlers. Gotta stick true to the gimmick.