Werdum won't fight Rockhold: 'I only fight men'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Fabricio Werdum didn't take too kindly to UFC middleweight champion, Luke Rockhold's recent comments, where he guaranteed on MMA Junkie that he could defeat Werdum and went on to say he had no respect for him whatsoever.

In an exclusive interview for Combate, Werdum fired back, saying he would not fight Rockhold because he only fights men.

"Everyone in the fight business knows I'm not arrogant at all. He is the one who is quite arrogant, actually. He said he would fight me, huh? The problem is that I only fight men, not wimps. He should ask Velasquez if he has any chance against me."

When asked when the whole tiff with Rockhold started, Werdum revealed he had no idea, but admitted he never liked him anyway.

"I don't know what happened, but honestly, I never really cared for Rockhold. I don't like people who are full of themselves. If you're the man, you don't have to show it to other people. He has his head up his ass."

LINK: Werdum calls Rockhold a 'wimp', wouldn't fight him because he 'only fights men'

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm gonna try not to read into this pointless banter between seperate divisions.
I adamantly despise the UFC's kind of....."enabling", these manufactured feuds.

If the UFC would simply pay their fighters well, they wouldn't feel the need to blabber.

Although I hate to say "The sport", the fact is, it's unprofessional behavior. And it's bad for the sport.

M

member 3289

Rockhold alluded to Werdum's ass-scooting loss to Overeem in Strikeforce when he was explaining why he doesn't like him.

Whatever the beef is, it goes back some time.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Werdum is one of the best HW champs ever in and out of the cage, love this guy.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Rockhold alluded to Werdum's ass-scooting loss to Overeem in Strikeforce when he was explaining why he doesn't like him.

Whatever the beef is, it goes back some time.
Greg Savage told the story on Cheap Seats that back in the day, before Rockhold had even won the Strikeforce title, after an event he was jumping into his limo with a girl he had picked up when Werdum's BJJ coach jumped in and pretty much stole his girl out from under him.

They were on the way to a strip club anyway, so, he brushed it off and met Savage and Breen outside the club. This club only had one unisex bathroom, just one of those single toilet and sink in a closet deals, and there was a que for the toilet. Later in the night they, being Breen, Rockhold, and Savage, are queing for the toilet, when Werdum, his BJJ coach, and the girl he stole from Rockhold come breezing along and skip the whole que.

Werdum goes straight in the toilet, but Rockhold starts kicking off with the BJJ coach, the BJJ coach is telling Savage you best control your boy or he is going to get his arse kicked, and Rockholds pretty much ready to throw down. Werdum comes out of the toilet into this mess, and things start looking like its going down right then and there.

Savage is contemplating just throwing on the BJJ coach and trying to get the early knockout, because he figures if that doesn't work his fat arse is fucked, and he will soon be choked out, or worse. And just when this is going down, Hendo and some others come along, and Hendo manages to cool Rockhold down and nothing comes of it in the end. However, later in the night, or perhaps soon after, as they are leaving Rockhold is still saying I can't believe I'm not beating that guys head in, I should be kicking his arse right now, and things to that nature.

From the way Greg tells it, Rockhold has never forgotten that night, and it has started a long running feud between Werdum and Rockhold. Greg tells it better, this is purely from memory and any mistakes are my own, it's worth a listen to this weeks cheap seats just for this story. Sorry, I can't tell you what minute it starts though.
Cheap Seats: UFC 195 Review, Year-End Predictions - MMA Radio - Sherdog.com

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This is why I really, Really, REALLY don't like Luke and his wins over Lyoto and Weidman made me very sad. Luke had NOTHING for roided Vitor. Fabricio would fucking tear his fucking I-need-to-cut-down-to-185-a-be-a-giant-monster-to-be-champ head off......

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015

Fabricio Werdum didn't take too kindly to UFC middleweight champion, Luke Rockhold's recent comments, where he guaranteed on MMA Junkie that he could defeat Werdum and went on to say he had no respect for him whatsoever.

In an exclusive interview for Combate, Werdum fired back, saying he would not fight Rockhold because he only fights men.

"Everyone in the fight business knows I'm not arrogant at all. He is the one who is quite arrogant, actually. He said he would fight me, huh? The problem is that I only fight men, not wimps. He should ask Velasquez if he has any chance against me."

When asked when the whole tiff with Rockhold started, Werdum revealed he had no idea, but admitted he never liked him anyway.

"I don't know what happened, but honestly, I never really cared for Rockhold. I don't like people who are full of themselves. If you're the man, you don't have to show it to other people. He has his head up his ass."

LINK: Werdum calls Rockhold a 'wimp', wouldn't fight him because he 'only fights men'
Werdum is so damn cool and Rockhold is so damn nevermind it's uncanny.

Edit: TSK TSK.....
BW

edit of edit: You right.... you right

Last edited:

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
I like Rockhold as a fighter. As a person...eh. Either way, he should stick to fighting guys at his weight class.

Werdum won the war of words with, "He should ask Velasquez if he has any chance against me."

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
This could be solved easily. Luke stops cutting weight to hide from the baddest men on the planet and fights at his natural weight like they do.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This could be solved easily. Luke stops cutting weight to hide from the baddest men on the planet and fights at his natural weight like they do.
I just WISH to God I had a picture of Luke Rockhold not during his cut next to Fedor....................