General What’s going on in the world of professional golf?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
All of these greedy multi-millionaire cunts should fly over there, have their passports confiscated, and spend a couple of months working side by side with the slaves who are building the courses that they'll be playing on. After they've done that, then they can come back and tell us what great guys the Saudis are.

??
They're golfers. Not construction workers. I don't think the people working with them would enjoy that. Let's let the golfers golf and the construction workers... construct.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
They're golfers. Not construction workers. I don't think the people working with them would enjoy that. Let's let the golfers golf and the construction workers... construct.
They are multi-millionaires who are being paid to whitewash the reputations of some of the worst medieval cunts on the planet. They are scum, and they should be shunned by the entire Western world. Same as the Qatar World Cup should have been boycotted.

??

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
Nah. They're independent contractors that can sell their skills to the highest bidders. Free market is a great thing

Funny that the PGA never minded when players were going to play in the Saudi Invitational but now they're feelings are hurt

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Not the first time someone has to hold their nose and accept money from unsavory characters.

The PGA Tour siphons millions from the players. They control all the media. The ads you see where Phil or Tiger makes a huge shot? The players see $0 from that. The PGA owns the video and sells it accordingly.

The PGA also has a Netlix project that is following players around during events at courses. The players cut? $0.

The PGA has had their thumb on these guys for a long time and finally some of the players have an opportunity to tell them to fuck off.

It's all about leverage, and the PGA just lost some.
the PGA is so fucking evil, MBS thought "I can do that and be the good guy. Let's take some of this pandemic oil money and sportswash my regime"

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
the PGA is so fucking evil, MBS thought "I can do that and be the good guy. Let's take some of this pandemic oil money and sportswash my regime"
Everyone knows what they are doing so it's not like MBS is going to suddenly be praised as a good dude.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's ignoring that the LIV players are all going to lose their sponsors, and Tig made a billion dollars from Nike.

I figure this has less than 5 years before the Saudi's figure out no one cares and they're just lighting their money on fire.
Unless a network picks their events up, probably right.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
All of these greedy multi-millionaire cunts should fly over there, have their passports confiscated, and spend a couple of months working side by side with the slaves who are building the courses that they'll be playing on. After they've done that, then they can come back and tell us what great guys the Saudis are.

??
Most of the events are in America. Only 1 event is on Saudi soil, and that course was completed in 2017. It has already hosted events by the European Tour (both men and women) and the Asian Tour.

LIV Schedule:

Screenshot_20220622-054444_Chrome.jpg

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's ignoring that the LIV players are all going to lose their sponsors, and Tig made a billion dollars from Nike.

I figure this has less than 5 years before the Saudi's figure out no one cares and they're just lighting their money on fire.
I don't know that they'll all lose their sponsors. Very possible.

I'm sure it will fizzle out after a few years, but the players making the decision to dip their toes in that arena - and the PGA's response - is fascinating.

When he announced the Koepka thing, Dan Patrick said that another big name is expected to defect this week.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Most of the events are in America. Only 1 event is on Saudi soil, and that course was completed in 2017. It has already hosted events by the European Tour (both men and women) and the Asian Tour.

LIV Schedule:

View attachment 71399
I don't need this real-world informational shit to puncture every part of my angry rant, get the fuck out of here. :smile:

??

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

??
Are they playing in Saudia Arabia? I had heard some kf the courses were trump courses in america

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In the last couple of years how many pl champions won with record or almost record - high points?
The pl isn't full of competition, it's one/two teams spending billions of dirty money and another hanging on due to Klopp. I guess your solution is that every club gets blood money, coolio.

And in this case it isn't fitting either, it didn't bring competition, it drained and split it.
I don't care about golf but it's clear in either sport that the talent pool only gets so big. More money doesn't boost the talent pool.

It may do so in decades to come if you actually invest it in grass roots stuff. But we both know that's hardly the case.
How longs it been since man UTD or arsenal won the league. They used to win every year, until other clubs matched Thier spending power. Man UTD have spent a billion on transfers and achieved fuck all.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Brooks Koepka the latest to jump ship. The Masters and PGA Championship aren't going to have the big names competing they once had. Might give Tiger a better shot at another major or two, if he does fully recover, which is still yet to be seen. Interesting times for the game.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
How longs it been since man UTD or arsenal won the league. They used to win every year, until other clubs matched Thier spending power. Man UTD have spent a billion on transfers and achieved fuck all.
So all the man utd money didnt improve and isnt improving competition after all? Get your points straight.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Everyone knows what they are doing so it's not like MBS is going to suddenly be praised as a good dude.
It's a domestic strategy, same as Putin or Xiping with the Olympics.

Literally every question from the media at LIV should be about Khashogi, Yemen, or the treatment of Third-Country Nationals and women

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It's a domestic strategy, same as Putin or Xiping with the Olympics.

Literally every question from the media at LIV should be about Khashogi, Yemen, or the treatment of Third-Country Nationals and women
For the golfers? Nah.

Not comparing nude videos of the Redskins Cheerleaders to the atrocities committed by MBS, but that would be like a reporter grilling Redskins players about Dan Snyder's transgressions. Should they refuse to play because he's a piece of shit human?

If anything, this publicity has brought the evilness of MBS to the forefront. You can call it sportswashing, but I don't know that it's having the effect they wanted. Nothing is being swept under the rug. Nobody is like "These guys aren't so bad"