Listen What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I really liked that one. That name rings a bell too.
Haynes was a guitarist for the Allman Brothers. His own band is Gov't Mule, but most remember him from his Allman Brother days. He plays a great slide.

This Ashes & Dust album was a collaboration he did with bluegrass band Railroad Earth. It's phenomenal.

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Dave's Song of the Day

I Love It – Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX

Wednesday song of the day: Today’s song is a collaboration between a Swedish electronic music duo and an English singer.

The Swedish duo Icona Pop had met English singer Charli XCX and they decided to work together. Icona Pop’s producer sent Charli XCX a few simple beats to work with and she wrote some lyrics to go along with the tunes. One of these was I Love It, which told of a rather dramatic breakup of an affair.

They fleshed out the song and recorded it together, billed as Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX. It was released as an electronic download in Sweden, and quickly charted at #2. It was also included on an album and EP by Icona Pop. In the US, I Love It was released as a single in 2012 and made it to #7 on the Billboard Hot 100, selling over two million copies to reach double platinum status.

Tomorrow: From Mozambique to those Memphis nights

M

member 603

I've just went through a couple of listens to the new Pearl Jam album 'Gigaton'.... I really really dig this this album. Great vibe, well mixed and produced, well written songs, can't wait to see them live.

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Dave's Song of the Day

Life is a Highway – Tom Cochrane

Thursday song of the day: Today’s song was inspired by a depressing trip to West Africa.

Throughout the 1980s, Tom Cochrane was the singer and guitarist for the moderately successful band Red Rider. They never had a Top 40 hit in the United States, but they did well in their native Canada. After Red Rider broke up, Cochrane became involved with World Vision famine relief efforts, and as part of that he went on a trip to West Africa to observe the crisis.

The trip left him depressed about the famine and feeling the need to cheer himself up he dusted off an old song that had never made it onto a Red Rider record. Originally the song was called Love is a Highway, but Cochrane changed it to Life is a Highway and made it a more hopeful song about how the good outweighs the bad in life. In 1991 he included the song on his second solo album, Mad Mad World. It went to #1 in Canada and was also a big hit in the United States, rising to #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Twenty-five years after Life is a Highway hit, Cochrane released the earlier demo of Love is a Highway on a remastered release of Mad Mad World. The two songs share the same basic framework, but the demo is a much less upbeat song.

Love is a Highway
demo

Tomorrow: I see our time has gotten stale