Listen What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Currently prodigy smack me bitch up. They banned the video tho, I can't find it. Probably the greatest music video ever made.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
IMG20220501211807.jpg

I have what a lot of my friends names are. We just hang out and cause trouble.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
And then listen to the song - which has little to do with Luckenbach, but it finishes the story.

Todd Snider is a great songwriter.

View: https://youtu.be/Q32A1ciWN6A
I have an old buddy that’s back in town this week, he just offered me a free ticket to go see Todd Snider on Wednesday. At the Paramount Theater, which IMO is one of the best venues in town. One of the pieces of old Austin that’s still here. It’s fairly small and gorgeous inside. Same place I saw Leo Kottke and Tommy Emmanuel.
CDC032B1-5729-41EA-B1BE-C09FF76E1839.jpeg

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I have an old buddy that’s back in town this week, he just offered me a free ticket to go see Todd Snider on Wednesday. At the Paramount Theater, which IMO is one of the best venues in town. One of the pieces of old Austin that’s still here. It’s fairly small and gorgeous inside. Same place I saw Leo Kottke and Tommy Emmanuel.
View attachment 66969
Nice!
Todd is great in concert. Quite the entertainer. Assuming you go, let me know how it is.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
View attachment 66969
Todd Snider is amazing in concert. Such a good-time vibe.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
friend is good buds with Zoltan Bathroy, guitar player for 5FDP.

for awhile there, didn't look like the band was going to survive.
Glad Ivan has been living sober now, things have turned around.

they can kick out the jam.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLk75fFXqH4
I've got a buddy in a band. The Barnum meserve. Nobody knows who the fuck he is tho because they haven't made it.

When we were drinking there it became a game of try and find a song he can't play on guitar. Literally he thinks the song in his head for 2 seconds and then smashes it out perfectly on guitar.. we'd sit there hours trying to catch him.out.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I've got a buddy in a band. The Barnum meserve. Nobody knows who the fuck he is tho because they haven't made it.

When we were drinking there it became a game of try and find a song he can't play on guitar. Literally he thinks the song in his head for 2 seconds and then smashes it out perfectly on guitar.. we'd sit there hours trying to catch him.out.
when I was in college (the first time) I met an old roadie named "Casey". He could listen to any song on the radio and play it back, note perfect...or at least, note perfect to my ears.

the one I remember is "Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do" by Van Halen. IIRC, it had a couple of solos. We were hanging at his apartment and the DJ came on the radio with the "new track from Van Halen"...I asked Casey if he thought he could play it after hearing it once. He picked up his guitar and just kicked it out.

I knew another guy who had fucked up his back in the Army, he just sat around and played classical guitar all day, for years. If he wasn't fishing, he was playing. He was on disability and that was his life.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
when I was in college (the first time) I met an old roadie named "Casey". He could listen to any song on the radio and play it back, note perfect...or at least, note perfect to my ears.

the one I remember is "Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do" by Van Halen. IIRC, it had a couple of solos. We were hanging at his apartment and the DJ came on the radio with the "new track from Van Halen"...I asked Casey if he thought he could play it after hearing it once. He picked up his guitar and just kicked it out.

I knew another guy who had fucked up his back in the Army, he just sat around and played classical guitar all day, for years. If he wasn't fishing, he was playing. He was on disability and that was his life.
It's mad how some people are good at music. Literally 5 seconds thinking about it and he played anything perfectly. I was trying to throw him curveball