General What are you reading RIGHT NOW (January 18, 2021)?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Reading this right now. It’s great.AF4BFD0F-FC46-433E-87A0-E6AF8DFEEAB5.jpeg
I just finished this...
291A457C-CF58-4FD3-BA4F-8F01EAF2EB31.png
So now I’m reading this too. A book that purportedly solves the Jack the Ripper case. So far it’s pretty convincing.
32EF6EE1-3D1F-4DE1-BCC2-6AB6A9553682.jpeg

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Also. Why is your thumb so small? Do you have to get paperbacks because you can’t hold/grip hardbacks?

must be a pain to wait for a book you want to read.

get a kindle

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
As soon as this thread is created, I am starting this, which I nabbed from my local library:

View attachment 25385
Quite a book. Very creative and original. A challenging read. Don’t take it on unless you’re wanting some non-linear writing and storyline. This writer is great. I think I will go find more of his stuff. I nabbed this one totally at random.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
is she saying it’s the king or the kings surgeon?
No. It’s a renowned artist named Walter Sickert. He has been mentioned in passing as a suspect, but dismissed.

(I’m not giving anything away. The first page lays him out as the Ripper and goes from there.)

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
No. It’s a renowned artist named Walter Sickert. He has been mentioned in passing as a suspect, but dismissed.

(I’m not giving anything away. The first page lays him out as the Ripper and goes from there.)
Ive never actually read anything of hers.

may Give her a whirl. I know she was famous for Kay Sarpatcha?

MMAPlaywright @MMAPlaywright if you are looking for a new o e I would have no hesitation in recommending Birdsong. Probably the most emotional and well written book I’ve ever read.

if you want something avant guard (sic) check out Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

MMAPlaywright @MMAPlaywright if you are looking for a new o e I would have no hesitation in recommending Birdsong. Probably the most emotional and well written book I’ve ever read.

if you want something avant guard (sic) check out Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell.
Yeah. She’s a huge author in the crime fiction genre. I’m not a reader of that style, but I’m learning from this book that she actually worked in a morgue and as an investigator. Apparently she does tonnes of research for those books and knows a lot about the subject of murder and policing. I think this is her only non-fiction book.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Yeah. She’s a huge author in the crime fiction genre. I’m not a reader of that style, but I’m learning from this book that she actually worked in a morgue and as an investigator. Apparently she does tonnes of research for those books and knows a lot about the subject of murder and policing. I think this is her only non-fiction book.
the Jack the Ripper story is such a moth to the flame for these writers. In a way he was the first documented serial killer. Well unsolved one. It’s a fascinating if horrible story.

by way of cultural exchange. Empire of the Summer Moon was a good read.

i didn’t finish it because I lost the book, I also lost Stephen Kings jfk time traveller story.

but I won’t buy them again.

fuck those disappearing cunts

although if I see them for 50p in a charity shop I might.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Without looking into it at all, totally on the strength of your recommendation, I just got:

37A75018-7E04-4269-8296-CCA00D1F7F04.png

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I also lost Stephen Kings jfk time traveller story
I read that. I don't care for King's supernatural stuff now as much as I did when I was younger, but that was a solid read.

Title is 11/22/63

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Great book. Thank you for the recommendation. Birdsong.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I read that. I don't care for King's supernatural stuff now as much as I did when I was younger, but that was a solid read.

Title is 11/22/63
Red dwarf did an episode on this. They go back to Dallas (nice place) 1963 and accidentally knock lee harvey oswald out a window. It fucks up the whole timeline and in the end they have to convince jfk (from a couple of years in the future timeline) to act as a second shooter on the grassy knoll.

It's a fun episode

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
View attachment 25393

About half way through. Really good so far.
Just finished last night. Great read with a ton of info and research. Sort of ended with a putter, but the body of work is worth a read.

The Manson story fed to the public is 100% false.

Now I need to pick out my next read.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Did you finish it? I got it a while back, but life happened, and it's now in storage.
It started out good, from what I remember.
First half was diaappointing. Was like a dictionary. On the second half, some of the stories are longer and have more direct quotes. So the decond half was strong

I could see myself liking the first half bwtter on rereads or after i get through alot of the other middle earth stories. Cause then the first half may feel more important and sink in better instead of just feeling like a data dump

But berin and luthien, fall of gondor, and some other ish in the second half were pretty fun for sure. Even th8nkijg of them makes me want tk go reread rigjt now since i have a bad memory. But the silver lining to a bad memory is thst i get to enjoy rereads more than i should due to surprises that shpuldnt be surprises lol

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
First half was diaappointing. Was like a dictionary. On the second half, some of the stories are longer and have more direct quotes. So the decond half was strong

I could see myself liking the first half bwtter on rereads or after i get through alot of the other middle earth stories. Cause then the first half may feel more important and sink in better instead of just feeling like a data dump

But berin and luthien, fall of gondor, and some other ish in the second half were pretty fun for sure. Even th8nkijg of them makes me want tk go reread rigjt now since i have a bad memory. But the silver lining to a bad memory is thst i get to enjoy rereads more than i should due to surprises that shpuldnt be surprises lol
Hell yeah. Lol... It did seem a bit wordy at first, but I swear I can't focus for shit, so I usually have to reread whole pages, and chalk it up to that.
I will dig this out, the next time I see it.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Hell yeah. Lol... It did seem a bit wordy at first, but I swear I can't focus for shit, so I usually have to reread whole pages, and chalk it up to that.
I will dig this out, the next time I see it.
Im not a big middle earth buff by any means so i could be mistaken, but heres a high level.timeline and why thos book.migjr matter for tje show

Its mainly first age stuff. And then the very end speeds through second age iirc. Hobbit and lord of the rings are third age

The amazon show is second age i think. So this book basically tells you what happend in the first age. Then gives you cliffnotes for tje second age. And the show is going to expand on those cliffnotes and make something huge and epic (hopefully)

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Im not a big middle earth buff by any means so i could be mistaken, but heres a high level.timeline and why thos book.migjr matter for tje show

Its mainly first age stuff. And then the very end speeds through second age iirc. Hobbit and lord of the rings are third age

The amazon show is second age i think. So this book basically tells you what happend in the first age. Then gives you cliffnotes for tje second age. And the show is going to expand on those cliffnotes and make something huge and epic (hopefully)
Thanks. I really wanted to like this book, so I'll push through, once I get it back.
I hoped his stories were weaved well by his son, so I was curious from the jump.

M

member 1013

Did anyone say TMMAC yet?

I’m reading TMMAC

I’m actually reading a mystery novel my friend wrote but it isn’t even published yet. I think he did a good job doe.