Society What are your thoughts on circumcision?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
Thunk it's blown up by SJW. It's not genital mutilation and I'm fine with it as long as you don't have some rabbi with the full blown herps sucking on it after its cut.
I'm on the exact opposite side of a good portion of issues SJW's flock to, but circumcision is one they have right if it's even a talking point among the SJW community. Hell i'm not sure why you turned this into an ideology based issue. It's irrelevant in the left-right dichotomy. Regardless of political views we should all be able to discuss this issue for what it is, and that's genital mutilation as well as child abuse. We've already covered the fact that the health benefits are VERY limited at best. Just look at the supposed reduced risk of HIV that isn't even observable in certain studies. What we're truly left with is our current view of circumcision without all of the overzealous, exaggerations about health benefits. Tradition and cosmetic reasons being main appeal, and those are disgusting reasons to put an infant through pain and psychological damage.

You are what's wrong with this issue. You dismiss the concerned party as ideologues and make it an unimportant joke. "Oh as long as you don't suck mah dick and give me the herpa derp i'm fine with this questionable practice I didn't agree too.... hardy har har!!"

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I'm on the exact opposite side of a good portion of issues SJW's flock to, but circumcision is one they have right if it's even a talking point among the SJW community. Hell i'm not sure why you turned this into an ideology based issue. It's irrelevant in the left-right dichotomy. Regardless of political views we should all be able to discuss this issue for what it is, and that's genital mutilation as well as child abuse. We've already covered the fact that the health benefits are VERY limited at best. Just look at the supposed reduced risk of HIV that isn't even observable in certain studies. What we're truly left with is our current view of circumcision without all of the overzealous, exaggerations about health benefits. Tradition and cosmetic reasons being main appeal, and those are disgusting reasons to put an infant through pain and psychological damage.

You are what's wrong with this issue. You dismiss the concerned party as ideologues and make it an unimportant joke. "Oh as long as you don't suck mah dick and give me the herpa derp i'm fine with this questionable practice I didn't agree too.... hardy har har!!"
Do you think it might cause psychological (esteem) issues if you are not circumcised in a predominantly circumcised culture?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Do you think it might cause psychological (esteem) issues if you are not circumcised in a predominantly circumcised culture?
I am not circumsized, as in Europe it isn't a common practise. At least, where I am from. Now living in the US, I have never even once had any bad experience, or the feeling it was even slightly an issue. I think people should do whatever they want, as long as they are informed about the myths behind such procedures.

Maybe if you are slinging dicks with other dudes, maybe then it becomes an issue, idk. But I don't see psychological issues arise from an uncircumsized hog, and even if, the choice is to oneself, to make that adjustment.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
I'd wager anything that will ostracize you can affect your self esteem. The solution isn't conforming to a backwards practice, yet rather changing the cultural norm. Anyway the psychological issues i'm referencing were studies that found a correlation between circumcision leading to increased rates of anger, anxiety, depression, intimacy problems and PTSD.

By the way is the goal of your comment to sort of flip the script and argue for circumcision, or are you just asking for the expert opinion of a random young adult on an MMA forum? Because as you know this sport attracts all sorts of Doogie Howser-esque intellectuals. Shiiiit i'm gonna change my signature to boy genius. Jimmy Neutron up in this bitch.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I'd wager anything that will ostracize you can affect your self esteem. The solution isn't conforming to a backwards practice, yet rather changing the cultural norm. Anyway the psychological issues i'm referencing were studies that found a correlation between circumcision leading to increased rates of anger, anxiety, depression, intimacy problems and PTSD.

By the way is the goal of your comment to sort of flip the script and argue for circumcision, or are you just asking for the expert opinion of a random young adult on an MMA forum? Because as you know this sport attracts all sorts of Doogie Howser-esque intellectuals. Shiiiit i'm gonna change my signature to boy genius. Jimmy Neutron up in this bitch.
Just wanted your opinion.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

HIV? What is this the 80's? And yes, I am fine with it as long as it's done by a licensed professional and not some hack rabbi that has herpes.

I've allready made my stance why do I feel like I'm repeating myself?
Do whatever the fuck you want with your own children. There's a hell of lot more abusive things than fucking circumcision.

I'm the problem lol! Okay Sarah Silverman.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016

I was not aware of this correlation.

I had both my son's circumcised.

Edit: is there a link to that somewhere?

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
HIV? What is this the 80's? And yes, I am fine with it as long as it's done by a licensed professional and not some hack rabbi that has herpes.

I've allready made my stance why do I feel like I'm repeating myself?
Do whatever the fuck you want with your own children. There's a hell of lot more abusive things than fucking circumcision.
No you supported your poorly thought out position with nonsense. I then questioned your thought process to which a normal human being would respond by expanding on said thought process. Look I didn't make this thread because I care about your opinion. I care about your motives for holding that opinion, so try your best to walk me through your logic behind being pro-circumcision. Bullshit about SJW's isn't going to cut it. Why do you think it's okay and why do you think cutting off part of a babies genitals isn't mutilation? I'm all ears.

There's a hell of lot more abusive things than fucking circumcision
Okay..... so what does that have to do with circumcision? The fact that murder happens doesn't make rape any less of an issue.

Hell if you do expand on your comment like i'm asking all I expect are circular arguments and incessant dogmatism.

You see this is good. I'm a big fan of some good, old fashioned playground insults so long as there's actual discourse surrounding the nonsense. Keep the irrelevant SJW comments coming you cousin fucker.

..... are cousin fucking accusations a tad strong Mr. Moderators? I mean it in the nicest way possible trust me.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Here's a fun story. First time I saw an uncircumcised dick was at a YMCA summer camp when I was about 10 years old. One of the counselors in our cabin was hanging out and telling a story in his towel after taking a shower. While he was talking he did a manspread which made his willy flop out for everyone to see. First thought in my head was, "Holy shit. There's something seriously wrong with that guy's dick hole. You could fit a couple fingers in there if you tried!"

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Here's a fun story. First time I saw an uncircumcised dick was at a YMCA summer camp when I was about 10 years old. One of the counselors in our cabin was hanging out and telling a story in his towel after taking a shower. While he was talking he did a manspread which made his willy flop out for everyone to see. First thought in my head was, "Holy shit. There's something seriously wrong with that guy's dick hole. You could fit a couple fingers in there if you tried!"
Go on...

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No you supported your poorly thought out position with nonsense. I then questioned your thought process to which a normal human being would respond by expanding on said thought process. Look I didn't make this thread because I care about your opinion. I care about your motives for holding that opinion, so try your best to walk me through your logic behind being pro-circumcision. Bullshit about SJW's isn't going to cut it. Why do you think it's okay and why do you think cutting off part of a babies genitals isn't mutilation? I'm all ears.

Okay..... so what does that have to do with circumcision? The fact that murder happens doesn't make rape any less of an issue.

Hell if you do expand on your comment like i'm asking all I expect are circular arguments and incessant dogmatism.

You see this is good. I'm a big fan of some good, old fashioned playground insults so long as there's actual discourse surrounding the nonsense. Keep the irrelevant SJW comments coming you cousin fucker.

..... are cousin fucking accusations a tad strong Mr. Moderators? I mean it in the nicest way possible trust me.
Dude, I don't bloody care about what you think. I'm all about that helmet. End. Of.

I get it, you're an uncircumcised tranny, and the world has been unkind to you. That's no reason to take it out on the rest of us.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
Why is OP so concerned about what other guys dicks looks like?
This is why we can't have a serious talk about men's issues. It's because we're all retards (myself included).

Dude, I don't bloody care about what you think. I'm all about that helmet. End. Of.

I get it, you're an uncircumcised tranny, and the world has been unkind to you. That's no reason to take it out on the rest of us.
I think i'll put a mental midget clause in my next thread so that I don't have individuals of your capacity giving their worthless opinions. Lets say 75 IQ and up are allowed in my threads..... sorry buddeh.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is why we can't have a serious talk about men's issues. It's because we're all retards (myself included).

I think i'll put a mental midget clause in my next thread so that I don't have individuals of your capacity giving their worthless opinions. Lets say 75 IQ and up are allowed in my threads..... sorry buddeh.
Your life on the Internet is even sadder than your life on earth.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
That's one reason I asked about psychological issues of being uncut in a dominantly cut culture. Adults may have less problems but kids are unforgiving.

My 13 yoa boy came home and shaved his junk because the girls at school told him he should. Apparently, they can't even tolerate pubic hair anymore. Lol
(Girls nowadays....well, that's a different thread.)

I'm glad I didn't read the research on it beforehand though (thanks TheAwkwardTitan @TheAwkwardTitan ). That's terrible. But having teenage boys, I still feel like the psychological damage of being "different" at this age might have been the greater of the two evils. Maybe our perceptions will change with education.
(However, if complications do arise and they have to get it done when older, even at one year old, it would be much more traumatic, I think)

ps Your counselor was a perv.