What are your thoughts on DC’s “Towelgate” admission?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
For anyone who didn’t see Daniel Cormier’s HOF induction or see the coverage, during his speech, DC admitted to pressing down on the towel to make weight against Rumble years ago.

He has denied any wrongdoing on countless occasions, but now admits that was a lie. How does this land with you?

51A36F02-DAB6-48AD-A593-A38135460BDB.jpeg

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Personally, I hate that he said anything about it. It was obvious that he cheated that night to make weight so he didn’t get stripped of the title. I didn’t like that he lied this whole time, but I could understand why he felt he had to.

Now, hearing him laugh about it and cop to lying is annoying. It’s like throwing it in peoples’ faces as if he has fooled us this entire time. It just makes me view him as fake, and worse, him being ok with that. That’s not a good look on him.

I could really care less about “towelgate” itself, but I definitely lost some respect for him at how he handled it.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
We all knew so I guess it didn't really matter, but it must suck for Rumble who always struggled so much to make weight.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
For someone that always carried extra fat that wouldn't be that hard to get rid of, all this is a show of his character. And it ain't a good showing at that.

That being said, there are much worse guys in the sport.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
DC is a shill and a piece of shit.

But this is about the commission. It's their job not to let people blatantly cheat right in front of them. I doubt Rumble could sue, but if he could somehow squeeze any cents out of DC/UFC/Gubment over this, he should at least look into it.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
DC is a shill and a piece of shit.

But this is about the commission. It's their job not to let people blatantly cheat right in front of them. I doubt Rumble could sue, but if he could somehow squeeze any cents out of DC/UFC/Gubment over this, he should at least look into it.
He’s a great personality

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
How does this land with you?
His records should be stripped, he should be kicked out of the HOF and banned from the sport.

We knew DC cheated. DC knew he cheated. But we were all willing to look the other way. We'll keep ignoring it, and you keep pretending it didn't happen. That's the deal. The second you break that deal, you're fucked.

It reminds me of MLB PED use in the 90's. People need to learn to keep their fucking mouths shut.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
His records should be stripped, he should be kicked out of the HOF and banned from the sport.

We knew DC cheated. DC knew he cheated. But we were all willing to look the other way. We'll keep ignoring it, and you keep pretending it didn't happen. That's the deal. The second you break that deal, you're fucked.

It reminds me of MLB PED use in the 90's. People need to learn to keep their fucking mouths shut.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
I think he should take rumble out for a massive dinner, all the drinks, maybe onto a show, with more drinks and cocaine. then at the end of the night give him one thousand dollars in cash. sorted.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
For anyone who didn’t see Daniel Cormier’s HOF induction or see the coverage, during his speech, DC admitted to pressing down on the towel to make weight against Rumble years ago.

He has denied any wrongdoing on countless occasions, but now admits that was a lie. How does this land with you?

View attachment 72238
200w.gif

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think he should take rumble out for a massive dinner, all the drinks, maybe onto a show, with more drinks and cocaine. then at the end of the night give him one thousand dollars in cash. sorted.
Or how about 20% of his salary that night?

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
"If you're not cheating, you're not trying".
I don't have a problem with DC doing it, but I have a problem with the commision allowing it (or at least not picking up on the obvious act).

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
If you ain't cheating you ain't trying

No need to make a big deal of this. Name a ufc or athlete who has not cheated

It's impossible.

They. Are. All. BUMS