What Bisping moment was more satisfying?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

What Bisping moment was most satisfying to you?

• Seeing Bisping get H-bombed by Hendo

• Seeing Bisping becoming a UFC Champion

Results are only viewable after voting.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
When Bisping got H-bombed by Hendo, I was out of my seat cheering so loudly! I was so happy! Happy for Dan, Happy for older school, happy for America!

Bisping's grit and determination to keep training, never give up, and how he climbed his way to a title shot, is nothing short of admirable. Knowing what he went through, especially in hindsight against all the cheaters, his moment of capturing gold is one of the best stories and moments in mma for me.

Which one was more satisfying to you?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Please a third option "neither beats the other, I was extremely overjoyed watching both fights amd thank both winners......go home bishping"

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Good question. Like many of us; i hated Bisping for a long time. Seeing him flatlined by an H bomb was one of the best moments of MMA. However, as i get older i often root for old guys. It was nice to see someone never give up and eventually reach their dream.

i had the same type of feelings for Kobe Bryant. Hated him for many years then found myself cheering for him at the end.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Good question. Like many of us; i hated Bisping for a long time. Seeing him flatlined by an H bomb was one of the best moments of MMA. However, as i get older i often root for old guys. It was nice to see someone never give up and eventually reach their dream.

i had the same type of feelings for Kobe Bryant. Hated him for many years then found myself cheering for him at the end.
I had the same love hate affair I'm afraid. Mostly hate but after beating Rockhold I forgave him and showed support. Once he started shitting on GSP it sent back to hate.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

Right on.

I think if I judged the poll question on how I felt, "at the time", the vote would go to Hendo's H-bomb moment. But with the benefit of hindsight and time having past both those moments, I edge towards Bisping getting the title. Seeing how quickly Ronda Rousey gave up after losing happened long after the H-bomb, so Bisping going through much much more but never giving up, emphasized his journey.

Also, I feel you about Kobe. He always did my Mavericks up horrible, but if I am being honest, even though I feel Michael Jordan is the GOAT, there's not one athlete who I have re-watched more than Kobe. I watch his 81 point game(sometimes just the 2nd half) and his retirement game literally multiple times a year. Those two games were absolutely epic.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Both for me
I used to not like Mike and liked Rockhold

I haven't done a full 180 but both were pretty satisfying reality checks for uber cocky fighters

Nick Diaz still GOAT

Posting Machine
Mar 1, 2016
I knew what the question would be and that was tough,I always love seeing Rockhold get humbled, but I still went with the Hendo ko. Hendo wasn't a dick, at least a dick didn't win that fight.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
the h-bomb thing was fucking outrageous. most damaging and unnecessary shot of all time, deliberately landed due to spite.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I liked Bisping from TUF and genuinely said to my then wife that he'd be champ someday.

As Bisping's career rolled on and I got divorced, I just added it to the list of things I was wrong about.

When he won the title, my life came full circle.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Hard question.

Bisping is a warrior, a perrenial underdog, seeing him capture gold after falling at the final hurdle so many times is one of the best moments in MMA history.

Rockhold being a dismissive cunt in the build up just made it all the better.

The pre and post fight press conferences were fucking hilarious.

Hendos KO on Mike is one of the greatest KOs in MMA history, it was old school vs new, a brash cocky shit talker vs the stoic affable quiet man.

It had the entire season of TUF before it, it had the biggest stage the UFC had set to date. It had the shit talkers mouth closed in monumental fashion.

I have to go with Hendos KO, he is one of my favourite fighters though so I am bias.

I also believe that without that KO loss Bisping isn't the same fighter.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Hard question.

Bisping is a warrior, a perrenial underdog, seeing him capture gold after falling at the final hurdle so many times is one of the best moments in MMA history.

Rockhold being a dismissive cunt in the build up just made it all the better.

The pre and post fight press conferences were fucking hilarious.

Hendos KO on Mike is one of the greatest KOs in MMA history, it was old school vs new, a brash cocky shit talker vs the stoic affable quiet man.

It had the entire season of TUF before it, it had the biggest stage the UFC had set to date. It had the shit talkers mouth closed in monumental fashion.

I have to go with Hendos KO, he is one of my favourite fighters though so I am bias.

I also believe that without that KO loss Bisping isn't the same fighter.
This was such a good post it changed my opinion. Your mention of the entire tuf season to build the fight on what was and perhaps still is, the biggest ufc card to date. That really was monumental.

Unfortunately that was Dan's last fight on his contract and UFC decided they'd rather pinch pennys and not re-sign Dan, so Dan went to Strikeforce with mostly success before finding his way back to UFC.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
This was such a good post it changed my opinion. Your mention of the entire tuf season to build the fight on what was and perhaps still is, the biggest ufc card to date. That really was monumental.

Unfortunately that was Dan's last fight on his contract and UFC decided they'd rather pinch pennys and not re-sign Dan, so Dan went to Strikeforce with mostly success before finding his way back to UFC.
Yeah, I think the UFC brass were expecting their young talent from the U.K to beat him.

Bisping really did get under his skin in the build up.

Dan gambled on his last fight and won as big as possible, with the KO of the year.

He got paid when he went to Strikeforce and added that 205 belt to his already stuffed trophy cabinet against Feijao.

I don't hate his decision there, although it lead to one of my least favourite fights on paper which was him and Fedor.

He carried that momentum back to the UFC and had the war with Shogun

Even up until his retirement fight against Bisping, which I felt he won, he was still a dangerous bastard against anybody at any weight in the cage, that cement block on the end of his right wrist is one of MMAs best equalisers.

He is the one other man I might get a bit star struck by if I met him, I'd like to shake his hand and thank him for all the amazing fights he put on.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
This one since it finally shut him up.

Hes an analyst, commentator, author and pod cast host, if anything this one made him talk more than ever.

Great fuckin KO though, I love the way he baits the counter, that head movement and hand speed man.

Gastelum is a waste of talent for me, he would be WW champ right now if he put some fucking road work in and put down the bong and donuts.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Hes an analyst, commentator, author and pod cast host, if anything this one made him talk more than ever.

Great fuckin KO though, I love the way he baits the counter, that head movement and hand speed man.

Gastelum is a waste of talent for me, he would be WW champ right now if he put some fucking road work in and put down the bong and donuts.
I know...

But no more Pre Fight and Post fight jabber from the One Eyed Brit.

Whether or not it was manufactured I hated it.

I agree with Gasteyumm.

He has the skill to be a champ.

Just needs to push himself further.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah, I think the UFC brass were expecting their young talent from the U.K to beat him.

Bisping really did get under his skin in the build up.

Dan gambled on his last fight and won as big as possible, with the KO of the year.

He got paid when he went to Strikeforce and added that 205 belt to his already stuffed trophy cabinet against Feijao.

I don't hate his decision there, although it lead to one of my least favourite fights on paper which was him and Fedor.

He carried that momentum back to the UFC and had the war with Shogun

Even up until his retirement fight against Bisping, which I felt he won, he was still a dangerous bastard against anybody at any weight in the cage, that cement block on the end of his right wrist is one of MMAs best equalisers.

He is the one other man I might get a bit star struck by if I met him, I'd like to shake his hand and thank him for all the amazing fights he put on.

Fedor is my favorite fighter, but dan is a razor close 2nd.

I remember a while back when comparing "goats", I felt I had the best argument for Fedor. I said something like when Jose Aldo walks in a bar, he can kick everyone's ass who is 155, then he'll get GSP for help. GSP walks in a bar, he'll kick everyone's ass and then get Anderson Silva's help. Anderson Silva will kick everyone's ass under 185 and then he'll get Jon Jones to help. Jon Jones will beat everyone 205 and under, but anyone bigger than that, Fedor walks in and beats up the guys Jon Jones can't.

Then some guy quoted me and chimed in and said, "Dan Henderson goes to whatever fucking bar he wants, without needing any back up".

I felt that was a boss line. I mean if you agree that Fedor and Big Nog are the #1 and #2 heavyweights of all time, Dan Henderson has wins over both of them.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I know...

But no more Pre Fight and Post fight jabber from the One Eyed Brit.

Whether or not it was manufactured I hated it.

I agree with Gasteyumm.

He has the skill to be a champ.

Just needs to push himself further.

Yeah I am not a fan of Bispings, I hated it too, he was effective, funny sometimes too though.

Rockhold was lightning in a bottle as well, he took it with both hands though

T

The Big Guy

At the time the bomb was great because I didnt like bisbing for making fun of Matt hamil. But once I started making fun of Matt hamil too I didnt want to be a hypocrite so I was happy he won the belt

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018

He wouldn't have beaten Fedor if he had stayed in the UFC so I don't mind

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My favourite moment is the build up, fight and aftermath against Jorge Rivera.

Well, after seeing him win the belt that is

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018

Kelvin looks like my brother from another mother and so we both share this love of donuts...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Fedor is my favorite fighter, but dan is a razor close 2nd.

I remember a while back when comparing "goats", I felt I had the best argument for Fedor. I said something like when Jose Aldo walks in a bar, he can kick everyone's ass who is 155, then he'll get GSP for help. GSP walks in a bar, he'll kick everyone's ass and then get Anderson Silva's help. Anderson Silva will kick everyone's ass under 185 and then he'll get Jon Jones to help. Jon Jones will beat everyone 205 and under, but anyone bigger than that, Fedor walks in and beats up the guys Jon Jones can't.

Then some guy quoted me and chimed in and said, "Dan Henderson goes to whatever fucking bar he wants, without needing any back up".

I felt that was a boss line. I mean if you agree that Fedor and Big Nog are the #1 and #2 heavyweights of all time, Dan Henderson has wins over both of them.
"why would I hold him down when I can just stare him down?" - dan henderson

Last edited: