Society What Black Lives Matter means to an 11yo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Why do these videos never mention philando castile?All those names, and the most egregious one I can think of is always left off.
Legal gun owner attempts to follow the law, cops gives him Simon says level instructions, shoots him dead. No crime. Cop knows he messed up.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
What does this mean? What I mean is why do you post videos of Black men saying things you like as if that grants the thing they're saying some added legitimacy?
Maybe he's black? Maybe he likes what they have to say and he wants to share it? Maybe they are friends of his? Maybe?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What does this mean? What I mean is why do you post videos of Black men saying things you like as if that grants the thing they're saying some added legitimacy?
I wasn't aware I did that here.
But anywhere I do, it's because only black men are listened to when it comes to "black" subjects.
I don't do that here, I don't think, because I'm talking to grown men.
I did it in this thread, but not because he's a black man, rather, he's a man. I don't even think of it.

HOWEVER, on say....Facebook?
People are stupid, as mentioned above, and will only lend an ear to a different point of view based on skin color.
It's the world we live in. I should say, country, and times.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
When I said it's like looking into a mirror, I was responding jokingly, because I didn't think you were serious...

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
When I said it's like looking into a mirror, I was responding jokingly, because I didn't think you were serious...
I didn't think he was serious either. I just learned today what digital blackface means.

For fucking crying out loud. I can't keep up with how I'm supposed to act/respond/feel anymore.

Don't see color (race).
Don't judge based on race.
Don't stereotype based on race.
Don't pretend to know how other races/cultures feel.
Don't pretend to understand other races/cultures.
But Understand enough to empathize with how other races/cultures feel.
Pick your gifs based on race.
Pick your language based on race.
Pick your hairstyle based on race.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
For fucking crying out loud. I can't keep up with how I'm supposed to act/respond/feel anymore.
Nobody should be telling you how to feel about anything. Be a good person and filter out the noise. Racism is dying a slow, painful death. Once all the "anti-racists" collectively get over themselves, we'll be able to move on to the next era of human progress.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I just learned today what digital blackface means.

I think I just learned by implication with your response. I was this many old.
I have never heard that terminology in my life, probably because it's fairly new.

I don't agree with it now that I know it.
Racism belongs to the parties I'm using that technique on, obviously, otherwise it wouldn't be effective.

All the racism crap going on, in my eyes, is misguided rage from brainwashing combined with stressful conditions combined with social inequity on a scale created by the ultra wealthy globalists.
That scale of tangible content weighed against the injustices of the history of earth, is so ridiculously insignificant it's shameful to react emotionally to.
It speaks more to the content of character in the responder, and to the orchestrators of the psy-op, than anything else.

In short, fat cats are pulling strings of the 99.9999999% while adding a couple digits to that spread in a wealth/currency transfer.
If "protesters" had a functioning brain cell, at the very least they'd be setting TV station on fire, not each other.

This is the equivalent of tossing a single basketball in the apex of the prison yard.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
This is the equivalent of tossing a single basketball in the apex of the prison yard.
Reminds me of that time digital blackface’s pass allowed digital whiteface to dunk on another digital blackface 205503B8-1548-4987-A0B8-70C34B82F258.jpeg

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I wasn't aware I did that here.
But anywhere I do, it's because only black men are listened to when it comes to "black" subjects.
I don't do that here, I don't think, because I'm talking to grown men.
I did it in this thread, but not because he's a black man, rather, he's a man. I don't even think of it.

HOWEVER, on say....Facebook?
People are stupid, as mentioned above, and will only lend an ear to a different point of view based on skin color.
It's the world we live in. I should say, country, and times.
You do it here, semi-regularly. Do you think only black people should be listened to on "black issues?" I'm asking this question in good faith because we're IRL homies and it's a phenomenon that I see white people partake in often online (see Trump's "my African American," or reposts of Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell or that dorky sheriff guy). I can understand the impulse. I sometimes like to post good old boys talking about why we need to socialize things, but that's because there are a lot of rural/suburban whites on this board who I figure might like to hear a familiar voice. As far as I know, me and Nemo are the only Black people left on here, so are you trying to convince us?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You do it here, semi-regularly. Do you think only black people should be listened to on "black issues?" I'm asking this question in good faith because we're IRL homies and it's a phenomenon that I see white people partake in often online (see Trump's "my African American," or reposts of Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell or that dorky sheriff guy). I can understand the impulse. I sometimes like to post good old boys talking about why we need to socialize things, but that's because there are a lot of rural/suburban whites on this board who I figure might like to hear a familiar voice. As far as I know, me and Nemo are the only Black people left on here, so are you trying to convince us?
Are you for segregation? Because it kind of seems like you could be.