Lifestyle What did you do at work today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Today I was going around site setting up a man down system. It's a series of access points placed in specific locations that will monitor operators location when the plant goes live. In the event they get hurt or injured emergency crews will know there triangulated position to make rescue as fast as possible.

I've been doing this most the week. Today was placing the backpacks with the unit inside and running power to it. Over the next two days we will place little GPS fobs around to simulate workers positions to make sure everything works and we are covering key locations. Once everything is sorted we will retrieve the bags and put up permanent ones later. Here's what the bag look like, it's about 35lbs.

My partner and I will take a bag and 2-3 extension cords slung around our neck and place them and mount a placard with that specific units number. Some are on ground level and others are at the very top of pretty high structures accessable by stair or a series of ladders. Today it was -20C with minor winds. Up top the wind picked up but nothing bad. These are boilers and each one needed a bag at the top. Not the deck around the very top of the stack but the platform below.

For these the only way up is those yellow ladders surrounded by a birdcage.

Some other shots from up top around site.

What did you do today?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Its Sunday goof!

I skipped church, drank beer, jerked off and watched tv.

That's my plan for the rest of the day too

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
That's a cool set of tasks for the day. What's your job title? What does your position entail?

I didn't have to do to much work today as it is Sunday, but I did get a proposal drafted up and sent out to a client. Then I went for a long mountain bike ride :D

After that we had one of our sons friends over to our house so they could play. Pretty good day around here!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's a cool set of tasks for the day. What's your job title? What does your position entail?

I didn't have to do to much work today as it is Sunday, but I did get a proposal drafted up and sent out to a client. Then I went for a long mountain bike ride :D

After that we had one of our sons friends over to our house so they could play. Pretty good day around here!
Electrician by trade but that allows me to do all kinds of things within that area. The last 3 years I was a lock out tech, basically controlled the flow of power to keep other workers from getting shocked while they'd test equipment or did maintenance. Now I'm a worker bee helping wire the project.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
The proposal was for me and a crew to go do a survey of a property (several hundred acres) to conduct a geologic assessment, which consists of looking for any environmentally sensitive natural features. It's basically like a constraints analysis for the land planners. Based on what we find, they'll know what areas to avoid/protect and what areas of the property are more suitable for developing.

We sit on top a a good aquifer here, and a lot of my work is done in the name of protecting and preserving the quality of the groundwater.

I'm doing a renovation for a lady. Spent today bluepointing old electrics disconnecting plumbing and removing kitchens/bathrooms etc.

A couple of pics of the house

I removed that kitchen and a friend took it for a grand...I had no use for it anyway

Found a safe under the fridge....Bastard was empty.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm doing a renovation for a lady. Spent today bluepointing old electrics disconnecting plumbing and removing kitchens/bathrooms etc.

A couple of pics of the house

I removed that kitchen and a friend took it for a grand...I had no use for it anyway

Found a safe under the fridge....Bastard was empty.
Holy hood fan! Good shit man. I fully appreciate demos but I hate doing them. I'd much rather gut the place to the frame and go from there or tear it all down. You have a great talent there.

Holy hood fan! Good shit man. I fully appreciate demos but I hate doing them. I'd much rather guy the place to the frame and go from there or tear it all down. You have a great talent there.
Thanks bro...And yes...That fucking big extractor was copper plated and galvanised steel...I cut it in half with a grinder and then had 2 of us prop it while the other one took the bolts out...Twas no joke.

Awesome thread btw...I will definitely keep updating this job in this thread.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Made a couple deliveries but nowhere near as many as I would have liked..Went out to an area I'd never worked at and only got requests for places at the shopping centre. I won't do shopping centres because they're always a bitch to get in and out of.