General What do taquitos taste like?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Ever since I watched a trish paytas mukbang I have been so curious why she eats them all the time. Is it like nachos in a stick?

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
They are delicious and should be properly served covered in cheese and guacamole. Here is San Diego the home of the best Mexican food. We refer to them as rolled tacos.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
They are delicious and should be properly served covered in cheese and guacamole. Here is San Diego the home of the best Mexican food. We refer to them as rolled tacos.

My lawd

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017

Do they taste like hard shells taco?
Please be specific.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Do they taste like hard shells taco?
Please be specific.
Hard to explain to someone that hasn’t had that type of Mexican food.
I’d say yes but not like a Taco Bell hard shell. It’s deep fried corn tortilla that was rolled around shredded beef or chicken. They also make them with flour tortillas, more like the thing in the video. Those are called flautas here.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Thank you. I guess I have to make these to find out. I dont know where I could buy this.
You might be able to get frozen ones at a grocery store. As far as those that I’m showing you , hard to find north of LA and anywhere east of Las Vegas or Phoenix.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
The gas station ones are better than the homade ones?

I don't think I can get them frozen here (Canada) the only reason i know of them is that girl keeps eating them in her videos. She lives in california I think.
No homemade are 10000x better. I was referring to the video I posted with cooking directions.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
what people here are referring to as a "taquito" is actually a "flauta" or the rolled version of a "taco dorado" most taco dorados in mexico don't use cheese or I guess what would be considered a proper taco dorado/flauta.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
what people here are referring to as a "taquito" is actually a "flauta" or the rolled version of a "taco dorado" most taco dorados in mexico don't use cheese or I guess what would be considered a proper taco dorado/flauta.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Can I use ground beef instead of braising that big chunk of beef?