What do you guys think about death

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ah I see what you are saying and yeah, I'm not really going that far into it. I'm just looking at it from a point of view that I can understand i.e. odds your parents met, odds they had sex at the right time etc. I could never even begin to try and quantify something like existence as a whole nor could anyone because, as you said, we don't know enough about reality to be able to do that. For all I know the odds we all exist are 100% because there are infinite realities/universes where we exist or don't exist at all. I like that it is a mystery and I think it will remain that way forever.
brain hurts now

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Well I feel excited about my death when it comes that is if there is life after death but if there isn't one then that's scary for me

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Death..... it really sucks...

for those left behind.

For those who die not so bad - after the death occurs...... and until you're reincarnated.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Do your best not to die in a hospital. Don't hold for the last little bit of "quantity of life". Quality is all that matters. No doctor or ICU nurse chooses to die in an ICU. If the end is near (cancer, severe cardiopulmonary disease, etc. Even 6 months away), hit up hospice and go home. Be with family and enjoy a morphine rush that will keep the pain away.

Get an advanced directive made up so your family doesn't have to guess your wants.

CPR sucks. It's only good for those that find themselves suddenly dead unexpectedly. Not the usual...the usual is a multiple pronged chronic disease patient that is stuck in the pipeline of "do everything". Yep, you'll live longer...usually barely. And your last days will suck terribly. I watch 70+ year old after another after another refuse to do this because they are "Gonna fight". They all think they'll be the few percent exception.

As a society, we have an unrealistic expectation of medicine and of dying.
This hits home hard, I watched my young uncle die in his 40's of cancer, the man was superman to me growing up then I watched him fight cancer for 2+ years. In the end he was in paliatic (SP?) care and totally out of it with my little cousin crying at his side along with the rest of us.

This old nun came in asked us nicely to wait outside the room when syringed his last fecal matter out of him and he died straight away. Ill never know for sure if she did it to allow him to pass on and whether it was the syringing or the fact that he knew we left the room that let him into peace but what she did was a wonderful thing.

If I ever get terminal im going to spend some awesome time with my kids and nieces and nephews them im outta here, fuck "fighting it" your time is up.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
With you on this.

The odds on my wife and I meeting had to have been 1,000,000,000 to 1.......and I'm not being sarcastic, as we were both from different countries and I fought going out the night we ended up meeting......
Same with my wife and me.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
It terrifies me. I always joke that they are going to need a lock on the outside of my coffin to keep me in it.

I'm waiting right now for results on a CT scan of my lymph nodes in my neck that were supposed to be given on Friday afternoon due to them being larger than they should. I originally had a CT done last week for my whiplash associated symptoms and the doctor requested another one. He said it precautionary and my hernia surgery incision is still getting infected, so I'm hoping that could be the reason. I was laid off January 22nd, then had an ingunal hernia. Got booked for surgery on June 27th and then on June 24th right before surgery, I was struck diagonally from the rear and ended up with WAD 3 injuries with neurological symptoms and nerve damage. It's been a bad year so far and I have nothing but time to sit around, grind the enamel off my teeth, and think of worst case scenarios.

'I'm not ready to leave, it's too scary to die
I'll have to be carried inside the cemetery and buried alive'
Eminem

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
It terrifies me. I always joke that they are going to need a lock on the outside of my coffin to keep me in it.

I'm waiting right now for results on a CT scan of my lymph nodes in my neck that were supposed to be given on Friday afternoon due to them being larger than they should. I originally had a CT done last week for my whiplash associated symptoms and the doctor requested another one. He said it precautionary and my hernia surgery incision is still getting infected, so I'm hoping that could be the reason. I was laid off January 22nd, then had an ingunal hernia. Got booked for surgery on June 27th and then on June 24th right before surgery, I was struck diagonally from the rear and ended up with WAD 3 injuries with neurological symptoms and nerve damage. It's been a bad year so far and I have nothing but time to sit around, grind the enamel off my teeth, and think of worst case scenarios.

Eminem

Best wishes to you, I sincerely hope that the doc is right and its nothing to worry about which Im sure it is.

If you need anything just yell out and all the best brother

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015

Eminem

Had an inguinial hernia back in February. I was laid up for like 3 weeks. Extremely painful just to sit up.

That sucks that your incision got infected. I can only imagine how painful that would be.

Do they just give you antibiotics or what?

Teen Gohan

TMMAC Top Team
Oct 19, 2015
If there isn't an afterlife, I just tell myself that it will be just like before I was born. Back into the nothingness. It's still kind of a scary thought though.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
"Live your life to the fullest, go hard everyday and at the end of life you will look forward to death just like at the end of the day we look forward to a long deep sleep"

Ive spoken to a few really old relatives who were close to death and the above seemed to be where they were at in their 70's & 80's, they didnt care about dying.

Thats what sucks about terminally ill kids, they will never get that chance and if there's a god he/she is a piece of shit.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
You live and then you die. At some point, the memory of you will be gone and further on, any sign of the human race will be gone.

Quite harrowing thoughts but no point getting upset over something we can't change.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
I believe we just restart as someone else down the time line of time and space. With no knowledge of who we were before.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Do your best not to die in a hospital. Don't hold for the last little bit of "quantity of life". Quality is all that matters. No doctor or ICU nurse chooses to die in an ICU. If the end is near (cancer, severe cardiopulmonary disease, etc. Even 6 months away), hit up hospice and go home. Be with family and enjoy a morphine rush that will keep the pain away.

Get an advanced directive made up so your family doesn't have to guess your wants.

CPR sucks. It's only good for those that find themselves suddenly dead unexpectedly. Not the usual...the usual is a multiple pronged chronic disease patient that is stuck in the pipeline of "do everything". Yep, you'll live longer...usually barely. And your last days will suck terribly. I watch 70+ year old after another after another refuse to do this because they are "Gonna fight". They all think they'll be the few percent exception.

This is a fair point. I just recently had an elderly relation die in the hospital from cancer.

It was very painful to watch. Even he said he was doing treatment for one thing only.........to stay alive for my daughter because she (meaning no offence to the rest of us) made him want to live.

But, gosh damn if he didn't look terrible and I had this thought, " how long is it going to take for him to get back to normal weight and be himself again".....he was in so much pain that he had them take off the painful ventilator (I'm no doctor, it was forcing him to breathe and he was still conscious enough to scream no when they tried to put it back on him) and he made it to about 5 after 12:00 on Father's Day and his children were there to wish him a happy Father's Day and he smiled and passed away minutes later in intensive care........

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Fuck.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
Had an inguinial hernia back in February. I was laid up for like 3 weeks. Extremely painful just to sit up.

That sucks that your incision got infected. I can only imagine how painful that would be.

Do they just give you antibiotics or what?
Yeah, I was on antibiotics and it seemed to be doing alright, but it had a pretty big draining last night again. If I don't hear from the doctor this morning, I'll be going to walk in.

The recovery was horrible, especially when the painkillers wore off.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
This might be the best thread I’ve ever read on here. Sorry Splinty @Splinty and Wild @Wild for bumping an old thread, I just think some newer members here that post a lot might enjoy it too and want to participate.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Death is just part of life; one day you don't exist, there are two coconspiritors who decide to fuck, you have zero choice in it, then you are born, and eventually you die. Death itself doesn't scare me, but a close to death experience that leaves me brain danaged, missing limbs, or disfigured, does. The end comes when the end comes, and that is just the way it goes. I'm not a selfie taker, so at least I won't be headline news for a death in a dipshit way. I may end up falling off a cliff or attacked by a grizzly, but it won't be from taking a selfie for social media likes.