General What do you guys think about parents that accidentally leave their kids in hot cars???

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I disagree, maybe in 1 or 2 cases a year.

Mine is not an emotional view, it is the view that sometimes I can't trust my memory, if I am running on that level of stress and tiredness, even more so.

I don't allow my mind to go into any train of thought besides the child in my care, they are secondary to nothing else.

I don't have my own child so I don't have the same viewpoint as a parent and would never take a child in my care for granted.

Clever, hopefully gets onto the market.

People who forget they have a child in their care don't prioritise their child in their daily lives either. The child is more than likely secondary to a multitude of other concerns and desires.

Sometimes its as simple as the crack pipe, sometimes its the daily routine, either way its negligence when you walk away from your car on a sweltering hot day and leave a baby in the back seat, no matter how many blanks your brain fills in.
I understand what you think is happening. It's what everyone who doesn't understand how memory works thinks is happening.

It's not what's happening, because memory doesn't work the way you think.

There is no prioritization of memory. Repeat that until you believe it. Science. Research. Understanding. Those are the gaps between what you're saying is happening and what is actually happening.

And that's not what negligence means. Negligence is when you do or don't do something that a reasonable person would do or not do.
But a reasonable person is capable of this behavior, through circumstance and nothing else. So it's not negligent.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You guys are making me not wanna go on road trips.

Unfortunately, failure to understand the 'risks' of leaving kids in cars has resulted in many parents taking their kids in to stores, and walking in parking lots is FAR more likely to result in the death of a child over 3 than heat exhaustion.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
how often do you forget them in the car? im betting never
Here's the other thing about memory - if you don't associate a behavior with "something I'm capable of" you probably won't remember if you do it. You'll rationalize it in the moment and dissociate yourself from the memory.
It's one of the reasons we think everyone is a shittier driver than we are.

I did walk about 10 steps from the car once when I stopped at the electronics store with my 5 yo in the back. She was never in danger or at risk, even if I'd gone in to the store. But if I wasn't so woke about memory, I'd probably wouldn't remember that, just because that's how it works.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
you make leaving your kid in the car sound like leaving your back pack in the car. you dont die in 2 mins . a parent has to be a total retard to be in a store or chillin in the house and not notice that their kids arent there

its awfully quiet in here oh shit i left little timmy in the car again

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
I understand what you think is happening. It's what everyone who doesn't understand how memory works thinks is happening.

It's not what's happening, because memory doesn't work the way you think.

There is no prioritization of memory. Repeat that until you believe it. Science. Research. Understanding. Those are the gaps between what you're saying is happening and what is actually happening.

And that's not what negligence means. Negligence is when you do or don't do something that a reasonable person would do or not do.
But a reasonable person is capable of this behavior, through circumstance and nothing else. So it's not negligent.
I understand exactly how it works.

I wouldn't allow my brain to set those connections up in the first place, to the point those circumstances could allign.

I would forget everything else first and be late for work, or what ever other shit most of these idiots say they were thinking about.

Want to know how I know for a fact, because I have done it.

It is exactly what negligence means, a lack of due care.

Whether its blatent or if it is as simple as planning your day and allowing your childs care to be a simple box you tick in your thought process and a blank your brain can fill in.

It is still negligence.

M

member 3289

I did walk about 10 steps from the car once when I stopped at the electronics store with my 5 yo in the back. She was never in danger or at risk, even if I'd gone in to the store. But if I wasn't so woke about memory, I'd probably wouldn't remember that, just because that's how it works.
"I don't make mistakes because my memory is so good."

This is the same guy who once posted "I was both smart and cool in high school. Also tough."

Now watch him go out of his way not to directly respond to me because of that one time I clowned him lol

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
what happened to this forum LOL
95% bickering and arguing lately

when did arguing become so fun?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You guys are making me not wanna go on road trips.

I would crack the window at least one inch for you dog, in my haste to get into Walmart to make a very serious decision on what guns to buy and then agree to wait for the background check to get cleared

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"I don't make mistakes because my memory is so good."

This is the same guy who once posted "I was both smart and cool in high school. Also tough."

Now watch him go out of his way not to directly respond to me because of that one time I clowned him lol
no idea what you're talking about. I have a great memory, but all memory is contextual. That's what is being discussed.

are you trying to make this personal for some reason?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I understand exactly how it works.

I wouldn't allow my brain to set those connections up in the first place, to the point those circumstances could allign.

I would forget everything else first and be late for work, or what ever other shit most of these idiots say they were thinking about.

Want to know how I know for a fact, because I have done it.

It is exactly what negligence means, a lack of due care.

Whether its blatent or if it is as simple as planning your day and allowing your childs care to be a simple box you tick in your thought process and a blank your brain can fill in.

It is still negligence.
it's not a cognitive choice that you get to make, because that's how memory works.

M

member 3289

no idea what you're talking about. I have a great memory, but all memory is contextual. That's what is being discussed.

are you trying to make this personal for some reason?
Dude stop quoting me a million times