General What do you guys think about parents that accidentally leave their kids in hot cars???

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I'm sure it's an accident 98% of the time.

But if you accidentally gave someone the wrong meds and they died would you be liable if it was proven to be 100% your negligence?
I’d be shocked if you hadn’t forgotten a child on the back of a hot jet-ski.

T

The Big Guy

Just for the audience...
You are using a one off stat of medical errors that has been disproven and lumping it in with negligence
I think we should have a poll

To see if we, as a community, should hold you personally responsible for the hundreds of millions that have died from medical negligence.

Maybe a 1 day pinking and you can die for the sins of your comrades. Metaphorically speaking

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You are using a one off stat of medical errors that has been disproven and lumping it in with negligence
Who exactly disproved the stat? Stats Canada seemed to think it was a legit stat for Canada, somehow I doubt things are that different in the U.S. of A. As for splitting hairs between "errors" and "negligence" how do you define them as different? Is this like when Ja Rule explained he didn't commit fraud just some false advertising?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
M

member 1013

Who exactly disproved the stat? Stats Canada seemed to think it was a legit stat for Canada, somehow I doubt things are that different in the U.S. of A. As for splitting hairs between "errors" and "negligence" how do you define them as different? Is this like when Ja Rule explained he didn't commit fraud just some false advertising?

I posted stats Canada’s top 10 causes of death I didn’t see medical Negligence

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I don’t know anyone that has died due to medical negligence and I know everyone!
I know of someone who died because he walked into the ER with chest pains. After sitting there for 3 hours, and the staff not telling him anything he figured "If it were a big deal I wouldn't still be sitting here." So he got in his car, drove home and died of a heart attack.

M

member 1013

I know of someone who died because he walked into the ER with chest pains. After sitting there for 3 hours, and the staff not telling him anything he figured "If it were a big deal I wouldn't still be sitting here." So he got in his car, drove home and died of a heart attack.
I’m sorry to hear that bruv. Whenever I’m at the ER they treat anyone with chest pains first.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Here's a brief overview of the major studies...

Secondly, when discussing errors in the oft-cited Hopkins stat (that is the third leading cause of death news following the IOM numbers 20 years ago) the intent was to highlight SYSTEMIC errors that include fractured care. Someone gives a med. Someone else gives a med. Neither is aware of the other doctor. The patient doesn't tell either. Patient takes both meds and exacerbates their heart failure. They die. That's an error. That isn't negligence. It's a systemic problem. In the Hopkins study they were only looking at inpatient errors that could include medical reconciliation missing home meds or the patient providing old bottles because they don't know better, leading to a doctor not know what the patient was taking and a bad medication usage. That's not negligence. It is an error that should be prevented.

1> We don't have that many systemic errors (as the number you cite). But we do have a shit load that need to be fixed.
2> The vast majority of errors are due to things like the above because our healthcare system, especially around records sharing and communication with nursing is absolute garbage.
3> There is too much variation in the US system and this allows a swiss cheese model where these errors are produced at abnormally high rates because they are hard to spot without such consistency.

M

member 1013

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Here's a brief overview of the major studies...

Secondly, when discussing errors in the oft-cited Hopkins stat (that is the third leading cause of death news following the IOM numbers 20 years ago) the intent was to highlight SYSTEMIC errors that include fractured care. Someone gives a med. Someone else gives a med. Neither is aware of the other doctor. The patient doesn't tell either. Patient takes both meds and exacerbates their heart failure. They die. That's an error. That isn't negligence. It's a systemic problem. In the Hopkins study they were only looking at inpatient errors that could include medical reconciliation missing home meds or the patient providing old bottles because they don't know better, leading to a doctor not know what the patient was taking and a bad medication usage. That's not negligence. It is an error that should be prevented.

1> We don't have that many systemic errors (as the number you cite). But we do have a shit load that need to be fixed.
2> The vast majority of errors are due to things like the above because our healthcare system, especially around records sharing and communication with nursing is absolute garbage.
3> There is too much variation in the US system and this allows a swiss cheese model where these errors are produced at abnormally high rates because they are hard to spot without such consistency.
Doc, you're completely dancing around the elephant in the room. @Bones Nose asked if you'd be charged for crim neg if you fucked up and a patient died as a result. The answer more often than not, is "No". Let's look at something top of mind for everyone. Fauci told American's not to wear masks. He later admitted to lying, and that American's should have been wearing them from the outset. You're now looking at over 100k deaths. He won't even get fired forget about being held criminally liable.

M

member 1013

I read the post

they didn’t cite their studies

and It’s the same uncited numbers from the group I posted

I remain unconvinced