General What do you guys think about parents that accidentally leave their kids in hot cars???

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

The parents in the Florida case were questioned and released (no charges yet).

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Sure. But again, never forgot where I left my child. I see very poor analogies used to defend this neglect.
that's the worst type of logical fallacy.

It's never happened to me, so it must only happen as a result of negligence.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nope, you have to be a stupid, ignorant, dopey fool and should be sent to the electric chair

Me thinks thats a defense mechanism....scary to imagine how close any of us can be to one wrong move with devastating outcomes.
I feel for the original lady that lost her child.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Nope, you have to be a stupid, ignorant, dopey fool and should be sent to the electric chair
if you're stupid, ignorant, and dopey enough to actually believe that foolishness - you should be sent to the electric chair

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Me thinks thats a defense mechanism....scary to imagine how close any of us can be to one wrong move with devastating outcomes.
I feel for the original lady that lost her child.
Would never and will never happen to me.....maybe a stupid person who doesn’t care

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
if you're stupid, ignorant, and dopey enough to actually believe that foolishness - you should be sent to the electric chair
You must fall into this category.....you have to be stupid to leave a kid in a car and forget about them.....if you’re numb minded enough to do it, they should put you in a car and lock it in the middle of summer for 8 hours to find out what it’s like.....you can sit there thinking “how the fuck could someone be so thick headed that they forgot me? They must be a rock head or mentally weak and a loser”

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You must fall into this category.....you have to be stupid to leave a kid in a car and forget about them.....if you’re numb minded enough to do it, they should put you in a car and lock it in the middle of summer for 8 hours to find out what it’s like.....you can sit there thinking “how the fuck could someone be so thick headed that they forgot me? They must be a rock head or mentally weak and a loser”
I don't differentiate between trolls and troglodytes. Please return to the discussion when you've evolved a brain to use in this discussion.

G'day.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I don't differentiate between trolls and troglodytes. Please return to the discussion when you've evolved a brain to use in this discussion.

G'day.
I’m back, you are acting like a troll

You have to be either stupid, ignorant or severely, mentally deficient if you forget a child is in a car and that child is under your care to either get where you need to take it or keep it for the day.....

Complete and utter stupidity if you are capable of thinking rationally and are able to hold down a job

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I’m back, you are acting like a troll

You have to be either stupid, ignorant or severely, mentally deficient if you forget a child is in a car and that child is under your care to either get where you need to take it or keep it for the day.....

Complete and utter stupidity if you are capable of thinking rationally and are able to hold down a job
cool story, bro.

Got science?

no, no you don't.

Oct 24, 2015
I am a very forgetful person, (Short term memory sucks. I’ll be looking for my keys and they are in my hand type shit.) but I don’t think I would be able to forget my kids in the car. Might do it intentionally (blue shell me will they on the last lap them freakin brats) but I won’t just forget them.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
virtue signalling must be as exhausting as it is and boring.
M8, I don’t ise terms like virtue signalling as I don’t engage in gay “peaceful protest” types of discussions.....I’m done with this thread as my opinion is mine......if anyone who lives near me forgets their kid in the car because they “forgot” as part of life, I hope they die a miserable death soon after as Darwinism hopefully weeds out the stupid, ignorant mindless loser.......I forgot to add stupid

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
M8, I don’t ise terms like virtue signalling as I don’t engage in gay “peaceful protest” types of discussions.....I’m done with this thread as my opinion is mine......if anyone who lives near me forgets their kid in the car because they “forgot” as part of life, I hope they die a miserable death soon after as Darwinism hopefully weeds out the stupid, ignorant mindless loser.......I forgot to add stupid
your ability to resist the introduction of useful knowledge is astounding. No doubt it's made you the person you are today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
no, it's more like when your brain goes on auto-pilot for a few minutes.
If you're doing something important, what would facilitate your brain going into auto pilot? Even if I were to concede that driving doesn't require full attention and can be auto piloted through. What's your explanation for grabbing your lunch bag and not noticing a child in the back seat?

What the science says is that a reasonable person could, given the right set of circumstances, forget that their kid is in the back seat.
What specifically are those circumstances? It seems to me like that would be very difficult to prove, particularly given the bias that would be involved in the studies.

I prefer the presumption of innocence as the foundation of our justice system, so absent any evidence of premeditation
Many crimes have nothing to do with premeditation. If you want to have a discussion about the justice system being broken, I'm game but that's a different topic.

As a society, we don't treat every incident of unintentional death as a crime, and that's what this is.
It usually depends on the outcome. Out of curiosity, if this child didn't die in the car but died in a house fire because the electrician fucked up while changing out light fixtures. Do you believe that the parent, or society as a whole wouldn't want that electrician being held accountable for his negligence?

M

member 1013

I say they shouldn't be.
I've got a couple of funnies some agree and a drunk rating.

Obviously there's some spread of opinion here
You never even remembered to take me in the car to forget me

Asshole