General What do you think of this parent's response to their their son Quitting his job?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
When I'm a grandparent, I reckon I'd probably want one of my kids and their family to move back in.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
If the parents can afford it, it's no problem. If you didn't have this opportunity, your parents couldn't afford it. Or they're trash.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Hard for me to judge negatively because my now-wife and I were in a similar situation about 5 years ago sans-child.

Wife stayed in Perth while I went to Melbourne for work as it was the only job I could find. Wife has having a hard time and called it quits. I then had the stress of paying rent on two places and being away from everything and I threw it in too.

Moved back in with my parents and it was fucking miserable. Still though, it allowed us to rebuild. Wife got a job in her field within a few months, I got a job delivering food and within 5 months we were back out on our own. Eventually I found work in my field and we never looked back.

So if this parents’ kid and partner use it as an opportunity to strengthen themselves for good then thiscould be the best move ever. If they use it as a holiday then they’re fucked.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
LOL @ "my boss is mean to me"

Suck it up buttercup. Or get a different job. You have a wife and a kid to support. Time to sack up and be a man.

Enabling weak-mindedness won't do anything to help him in the long run.

If he truly has mental issues with depression I guess a little sympathy is justified, but just telling him he can avoid responsibilty entirely isn't a path toward independence.

Eventually the parents will die.
Eventually he'll need to stand on his own 2 feet.
Best he learns to do that before his support system isn't there.
I wouldn't have problems with dude doing what he did if he didn't have a wife and kids then he should just deal with it or look for another job. I personally have had a job since I was 15 so I can usually handle shennanigans at work with composure and not freak out. This dude will end up homeless if his parents die the world is rough and unforgiving.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Hard for me to judge negatively because my now-wife and I were in a similar situation about 5 years ago sans-child.

Wife stayed in Perth while I went to Melbourne for work as it was the only job I could find. Wife has having a hard time and called it quits. I then had the stress of paying rent on two places and being away from everything and I threw it in too.

Moved back in with my parents and it was fucking miserable. Still though, it allowed us to rebuild. Wife got a job in her field within a few months, I got a job delivering food and within 5 months we were back out on our own. Eventually I found work in my field and we never looked back.

So if this parents’ kid and partner use it as an opportunity to strengthen themselves for good then thiscould be the best move ever. If they use it as a holiday then they’re fucked.
Introducing a kid in the mix changes a lot, though. When it's just you and your wife, you can support each other. When there's a kid as well, now the situation is very, very different.

??

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Introducing a kid in the mix changes a lot, though. When it's just you and your wife, you can support each other. When there's a kid as well, now the situation is very, very different.

??
This is something I’ll figure out come March when we’ll have child. I can imagine having a little one year shit up would change dynamics though

M

member 1013

"Dad if I can't stay at Zenyara all the other kids will make fun of me at Coachella" is not a crisis son.
That was my chance to get with Stacey Hendrickson and you blew it for me

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I don’t have a kid, so let me give me parenting advice.

I understand wanting to help your kids out, but holy shit, this is enabling. If you don’t like your job and you have a boss that is mean to you, then find another job. When the parent noticed the job was draining their kid, they should’ve talked to them about it, and said, “it’s time for you to look for another job. Don’t quit until you have found another. You have a kid to feed.”
See? Parenting isn't that hard.