General What gun regulations do you support?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Any at all?
I'm of the opinion that firearm handling training, and being able to pass a background check is a good idea. Beyond that the idea that a person is "too dangerous" to be trusted with a firearm would also imply they're probably too dangerous to be roaming free in society.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
I'm of the opinion that firearm handling training, and being able to pass a background check is a good idea. Beyond that the idea that a person is "too dangerous" to be trusted with a firearm would also imply they're probably too dangerous to be roaming free in society.
This is basically my position

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
This is basically my position
It's really about as logical position as someone can possibly hold. Anything beyond that isn't really a tenable position. Anyone can snap, and when they do a law isn't going to be what stops them. The concern about these mass killings should by why do Americans seem so much likely to feel the need to indiscriminately kill large numbers of other people.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
It's really about as logical position as someone can possibly hold. Anything beyond that isn't really a tenable position. Anyone can snap, and when they do a law isn't going to be what stops them. The concern about these mass killings should by why do Americans seem so much likely to feel the need to indiscriminately kill large numbers of other people.
Did you see what my governor in ohio and the Republicans are now pushing for red flag laws?

M

member 3289

All firearms must be federally registered, no private gun sales, limits on ammunition, routine inspections by authorities, and nothing larger than a handgun for private owners.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Limited rifle licenses to control wildlife populations or invasive species. The use of a pellet gun whenever possible.
1) You might want to read up on how wildlife management in North America works. 2) It would be incredibly inhumane to intentionally harvest game with a pellet gun. Unless you're talking about those souped up ones that run a .22 pellet at the same speed a .22 rifle runs a bullet.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
1) You might want to read up on how wildlife management in North America works. 2) It would be incredibly inhumane to intentionally harvest game with a pellet gun. Unless you're talking about those souped up ones that run a .22 pellet at the same speed a .22 rifle runs a bullet.
he be trolling yo

I agree with you...a lot of wildlife flourishes or exists only due to hunters interest, fundraising, concern, and regulation...IMO Long guns are essential for the rural man or woman

Government wants everybody in big cities eating shit poisonous food...self reliant individuals or communities are not what moves the federal or any government needle

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All guns 21 and up.

VERY Aggressive enforcement on straw purchases. You going to jail for a long time.

100% background checks (yes even those gifts, yes even the gun show guns I own) on all transfers. Go to the FFL with your bro, transfer the gun with a background check. FFL can make their millions $25 at a time.

Overhaul the NICS database for better accuracy. Again, aggressive enforcement on attempts to purchase illegally. We know who just broke the law, nothing happens!

Waiting period is fine, even though I hate it as a hobbyist. It probably lowers suicides statistically by the data and some domestic abuse murders.

Increased ability for law enforcement to temporarily remove guns followed by automatic petition to have them returned if further order is not approved by judge. Yep, I'm temporarily taking your right, the same way we get emergency detention for psych patients.

Overhaul of CHL class requirements and mandate continuation training. The class is a joke and we should stop blurring the lines on good gun behavior and idiot gun behavior. Frankly, I'd support something similar for all guns on first ownership at least.

Legalize suppressors without a tax stamp as they are a safety device.

Ban open carry because I'm sour on it and sassy. Not because it'll stop gun crime.

And...

A Trillion dollars investment in poor schools. A trillion dollar investment in opportunity zones for job creation and further private capital investment. That's your black america gun deaths in there. It's mostly homicide.

A trillion dollar investment in mental health education and support. That's your white gun death right there. It's mostly suicide.

nothing larger than a handgun for private owners.
caliber or size of weapon?
Why do you hate hunting but love gang violence?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
We use pellet guns in Florida
It doesn't surprise that Floridians would want an animal to suffer rather than be dispatched humanely. Of course, I'm probably asking a lot for a Floridian to understand the nuances of land and wildlife management. You guys are almost as bad as the Aussies.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
All firearms must be federally registered, no private gun sales, limits on ammunition, routine inspections by authorities, and nothing larger than a handgun for private owners.
We are the authorities via ammendment #2, among others.
You might as well just hand your man card over.
Or move.
Someone tell me this is a troll post.
I've never seen a cuckier post.