What happens in this match?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Looks like Cassio got points for the takedown at 5:35. Maybe the match ended before the takedown at the end.

M

member 603

The ref was AWFUL.

First both should have been warmed for stalling in the initial half guard setup/pass attempt (they were sitting there doing nothing for I counted 20 seconds).

Second the guy in the black gi arguably could have been given an advantage for the tornado guard sweep attempt (I can't remember if AGF does advantage points)

If anything, the guy in the white gi could have gotten a advantage point for the takedown reversal, but not points due to the guy in the black gi initiating the single leg from the half guard step up (which technically could have earned him an advantage). Additionally, since the guy in the white gi didn't control the guy in the black gi after the reversal (black gi turned into his guard) you should have given both a advantage.

Long and short, in the case of advantage points, I'm ok not giving them in a match (a lot of times they are subjective), but in watching the whole match, if I were reffing it, the guy in the black gi won 2 adv - 1 adv.

As for the guy in the white gi, LEARN TO BREAK GRIPS BRO!!!!