(What if) Jones's B Sample Comes Back Negative

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
This for sure. Dana is the leaker, or the man who okayed the leak---nothing else makes sense. I'm sure he blew a heart gasket through his frog hole the second USADA informed him, and that his very first action was to contact TMZ.

IIRC in other cases, USADA will announce that a positive result was obtained from a test, but does not name the fighter until B sample confirms. AFAIK---maybe Belfort and some others have been exceptions.
The fighter has to request the B-sample, so the fighter and anyone he tells would know. JBJ and Jackson/Winkeljohn may or may not be able to keep a lid on all that, but at the UFC a whole lot of people other than Dana White would know, including secretaries and assistants and whoever a secretary or assistant might mention this too. So TMZ would get the story.

Once that happened, TMZ is not beholden to Dana White when it comes to stuff like this. Unlike with Ariel Helwani, Dana White throwing TMZ under the bus for reporting a story would be far more trouble than it's worth.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
The fighter has to request the B-sample, so the fighter and anyone he tells would know. JBJ and Jackson/Winkeljohn may or may not be able to keep a lid on all that, but at the UFC a whole lot of people other than Dana White would know, including secretaries and assistants and whoever a secretary or assistant might mention this too. So TMZ would get the story.

Once that happened, TMZ is not beholden to Dana White when it comes to stuff like this. Unlike with Ariel Helwani, Dana White throwing TMZ under the bus for reporting a story would be far more trouble than it's worth.
I'm not saying Dana's the only person who knew. I'm saying he knew first, and the fact TMZ got the story super fast points toward him. This would fit Dana's pattern of behavior as well---utmost spite followed by revenge of some sort. Not that I blame him in this instance. But sure, it could have been someone else.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
This for sure. Dana is the leaker, or the man who okayed the leak---nothing else makes sense. I'm sure he blew a heart gasket through his frog hole the second USADA informed him, and that his very first action was to contact TMZ.
That certainly makes sense. TMZ are scummy enough to pay decent for anything like this, Dana likes money and throwing people under the bus whenever its an option. And best get it out quick and get the shitstorm over with.

It almost makes too much sense, like the motives are obvious enough to be in a mystery novel for children.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I'm not saying Dana's the only person who knew. I'm saying he knew first, and the fact TMZ got the story super fast points toward him. This would fit Dana's pattern of behavior as well---utmost spite followed by revenge of some sort. Not that I blame him in this instance. But sure, it could have been someone else.
But, that makes no sense. He'd literally be throwing his own champion hard under the bus, killing any hope of damage control and hurting the entire UFC in the process, and Dana White would never be petty enough t-
...fuck

Last edited:

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
But, that makes no sense. He'd literally be throwing his own champion hard under the bus, killing any hope of damage control and hurting the entire UFC in the process, and Dana White would never be petty enough t-
...fuck
Lol. You got me...was all ready to pounce.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Was a solid what if. Sparked mocking to memorable conversation. Solid topic without cheating and using hindsight.