General What is the most interesting documentary you have ever watched

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's filmed over about ten years or so. Some baby male lions are born, and it follows them into adulthood. Typically only one or two make it to adulthood but all of these ones do. Then they form a death squad and start wrecking all the other territories and taking thier turf, they kill hundreds on thier crusade, but cracks begin to form on team lion that will ultimately lead to thier downfall.

There is also a lion called Mr T

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's filmed over about ten years or so. Some baby male lions are born, and it follows them into adulthood. Typically only one or two make it to adulthood but all of these ones do. Then they form a death squad and start wrecking all the other territories and taking thier turf, they kill hundreds on thier crusade, but cracks begin to form on team lion that will ultimately lead to thier downfall.

There is also a lion called Mr T
i was kind of disappointed in that one..."Brothers in Blood: The Lions of Sabi Sands"

all the hype about how more than 3 lions never ally, but then they get taken out by an alliance of 5 lions from the the neighborhood next door.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
DMT: The spirit molecule
amazing!

Edit: i recommend you get as high as you possibly can before watching lol

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
The Hornet’s Nest bc I know a guy that was in the unit they follow.

I like most of those docs, like Restrepo. Not sure why though. I end up feeling all fucked up and teary-eyed, but I guess it’s bc it brings back memories of the guys I served with.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Not the most interesting, but the most recent was Abducted in Plain Sight. I watched it yesterday and can’t believe how stupid people were in the 70’s. No spoilers, but if you haven’t watched it some of the shit that happens is so far fetched it seems there is no way it can be true. But, apparently it is. It’s only about an hour and a half so it’s not a tremendously long investment.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Not the most interesting, but the most recent was Abducted in Plain Sight. I watched it yesterday and can’t believe how stupid people were in the 70’s. No spoilers, but if you haven’t watched it some of the shit that happens is so far fetched it seems there is no way it can be true. But, apparently it is. It’s only about an hour and a half so it’s not a tremendously long investment.
i watched it. I don't think it was how stupid people were in the 70s, though.

I think the LDS Church had a major hand in enabling the abuser, but the documentary just kind of blurred right past it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The Art of The Steal is the most interesting documentary I have ever seen.

It follows the attempts of the state of Pennsylvania to acquire a private art collection consisting of 181 paintings by Renoir, 59 by Matisse, 46 by Picasso...more Cezzane's than exist in the entire city of Paris...valued at $25 Billion.

it was too expensive to buy, so they stole it.

please watch it.

"the greatest act of cultural vandalism since WWII" sums it up nicely.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Can’t find it online but here’s the trailer. Find a way to watch this, it’s fucking incredible how all these kids from different walks come together and splay their hearts open for everyone to see.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
do you think they were guilty of everything for which they were punished?
It's hard to say. It could have been mass hysteria or it could have been legit. The doc doesn't really answer the questions. The fact that they videoed so much of their lives was what was mostly weird.