General What is your definition of being "in shape"?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

10 minutes of weight training and zero cardio everyday

It doesn't seem to be working

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
10 minutes of weight training and zero cardio everyday

It doesn't seem to be working
When the jury decides on your name change you will lose plenty of weight looking in a mirror and sobbing uncontrollably for hours on end.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Anything short of this and you're a just an out of shape fatty who needs to rethink your life decisions...

*beep*

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I used to think it had a lot to do with aesthetics weightlifting numbers and running.

I cut a bunch of weight and started lifting weights at all kinds of rep ranges. I started making sure I could run two or three miles at a pretty quick pace for an average Joe (or 7 minute pace). I practice putting on a 35lb pack and being able to just walk it for 12 or 15 miles.

I considered this to be in shape. no blood pressure problems no health problems and enough performance not to be picked last.

None this really mattered for injury prevention though. Tweak the shoulder and couldn't work out the right way for months.

Now I'm hyperfixated on figuring out how to maintain health with injury prevention. And one of the best ways to do injury prevention is to dynamically load your body in safe ways so that it's prepared for heavy weights in all kinds of angles. Then when you're lifting that couch and forget not to rotate and look over your shoulder you don't hurt your back and slip a disc.

That's being in shape. Being able to Play a pickup game of football and not feel like you broke something the next day because you're over 30. Age without shoulders being rebuilt because you did too much pushing exercise and never learned to do a lot of scapular involvement. No knee problems because you learned how to jump and not just squat.

30 plus being in shape means consistent work output, a relatively low body fat, and no injuries ever.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I used to think it had a lot to do with aesthetics weightlifting numbers and running.

I cut a bunch of weight and started lifting weights at all kinds of rep ranges. I started making sure I could run two or three miles at a pretty quick pace for an average Joe (or 7 minute pace). I practice putting on a 35lb pack and being able to just walk it for 12 or 15 miles.

I considered this to be in shape. no blood pressure problems no health problems and enough performance not to be picked last.

None this really mattered for injury prevention though. Tweak the shoulder and couldn't work out the right way for months.

Now I'm hyperfixated on figuring out how to maintain health with injury prevention. And one of the best ways to do injury prevention is to dynamically load your body in safe ways so that it's prepared for heavy weights in all kinds of angles. Then when you're lifting that couch and forget not to rotate and look over your shoulder you don't hurt your back and slip a disc.

That's being in shape. Being able to Play a pickup game of football and not feel like you broke something the next day because you're over 30. Age without shoulders being rebuilt because you did too much pushing exercise and never learned to do a lot of scapular involvement. No knee problems because you learned how to jump and not just squat.

30 plus being in shape means consistent work output, a relatively low body fat, and no injuries ever.
No it's definitely if you can look straight down and see your own dick

I remember a t-shirt when I was like 12 years old at Myrtle Beach. The dickiedo award. It's when your stomach sticks out farther than your dickiedo. Something like that