General What is your neighborhood like?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
What is your living situation? How is your community set up? What are your neighbors like and what are some of the events you have?

I live in a fairly nice suburban development just outside of Albany, NY. It is fairly diverse - likely majority white, almost as many Indian and Asian, with a small (but growing) number of African American families. Most people didn’t come from significant wealth, but everyone has done well for themselves, so everyone lives comfortably while never forgetting where they came from. Everyone is always willing to lend a hand. We have a nice core of couples and families who get together on a semi regular basis. I host the annual St. Patrick’s Day party, another one hosts Oktoberfest, one with an amazing outdoor coal pizza oven regularly host pizza nights for a group, today one went all-out on an outdoor NFL viewing party, and each year we do a massive Christmas Crawl.

Where do you live and what are your housing and neighbor situations like?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Live in a small community name Springwood. In the late 60's there was a serial killer who was murdering children. After he escaped prison, some local parents took it upon themselves to get some vigilante justice. They burned old Frederick Charles, alive.

Somehow Freddy's spirit survived, and he kills teenagers in their dreams, causing their deaths in the real world.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Me moving into my house brought the average age down to 78.

I have a crazy lady across the street that vacuums her driveway every day.

The rest of the neighborhood is pretty young. There's a few nice parks within the subdivision. One is really nice and has access to the reservoir so there's a lot of activities if you're into that community mumbo jumbo.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I would say our caravan is the neatest but Mr McMurphy has the biggest,

that said we have managed to marry off our daughter quicker than he has.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I live a in a really nice suburb in between the rich people to the north and the poorer people to the south. People in my town pay extra taxes for our own police and stuff like that.

It's a good school district, so you get a lot of families. Most aren't idle rich, but work really hard to be able to live there.

It's a place where a lot of people who grew up here want to raise their children here.

We have lots of town events and also a large Irish and Italian Catholic community, so lots of church events that the whole town is invited to. Also sports etc. both at the public high school and through the Catholic youth programs.

The town is gradually becoming more diverse and is looking to convert more buildings into apartments (mixed feelings from those of us being asked to pay for the school expansions).

I live in the smallest house on a nice block - I only have one neighbor who acts like a horse's rear all the time, and one who does some of the time. The others are super nice, including the ones in either side of me.

I probably wouldn't have bought my house because of the high taxes, except that I didn't actually know about them - it turned out a couple years after I bought my house that the person who lived there before had senior and veteran discounts and that my taxes were actually double theirs. They corrected what they were charging us through the bank, and then we had to work out a monthly payment for the years they charged us incorrectly. So that was fun. But so far we have managed and have decided to stay.

I have a 40x100 lot with a nice back and front yard. Not huge, but enough to run around. The front yard is shared with the neighbor and we get along, so our kids play across both yards.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
As old as I am I brought the average down from upper 80s down to 70 in one fell swoop.

Upper middle class but a lot of old people, a lot

Golf carts are the “thing” to have in most neighborhoods over this way, especially the trailer parks

Neighbors are old for the most part but there is a young black lady (realtor) with her young son that are cool people across the street.

Not too many community events but they have a weekly food truck night that brings different vendors each week and you get to see some of the younger (under 80) people.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Now that several resources in the community for homeless people are closed, in order to prevent the spread of the virus, I have taken matters into my own hands by creating my own camp in the woods.

I deal with an incredible amount of pain every day. I don’t even have a mattress to sleep on at night. I sleep on a wooden floor on top of some blankets.
Can we get a coat drive going for mah man over here?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I live in the not so great, but not entirely terrible part of West Philly. We have a lot of Rona due to a lot of working people and we also have a lot of stick up kids.

Currently I'm staying in my kids town, which was voted worst city of its size in Pennsylvania, but is quasi rural/suburban and feels calm. Rona is blowing up here because people are retards.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We ballin out on the north side of a lake. Boat ramp in the neighborhood. Outside of city limits.
Most of my neighbors can fuck off, but the few that aren't nosey are cool.
It's one of the most sought after areas in the Metroplex

Mr Smokalotapotamus

You gonna pass that bro??
Jun 23, 2018
I'm in a nice little city just outside of Detroit. I'm on the ghetto side of my city but it's still a nice neighborhood. Mostly white but changing. Close to everything and lots to do. Grew up here so I'm very comfy and know the area well.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
LOL at being so on broke that you have a 'neighborhood' WTF

Look at me I am so poor that I have a neighbor . HAHAHAHAHAHA

I live on my own island that is 50 HECTARES

BUM ASS FOOLS in this thread

I have snow imported to my island yearly ya goofs

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
LOL at being so on broke that you have a 'neighborhood' WTF

Look at me I am so poor that I have a neighbor . HAHAHAHAHAHA

I live on my own island that is 50 HECTARES

BUM ASS FOOLS in this thread

I have snow imported to my island yearly ya goofs
I thought they shut down Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
We ballin out on the north side of a lake. Boat ramp in the neighborhood. Outside of city limits.
Most of my neighbors can fuck off, but the few that aren't nosey are cool.
It's one of the most sought after areas in the Metroplex
i read that as you live down by the docks, in the unincorporated part of town, surrounded by bounty hunters and bail jumpers.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
nice neighborhood, original owners from when the subdivision was built in the mid-90s.
we have a couple block parties every year, Spring/Fall, and everybody decorates for Halloween and Xmas...not Halloween this year, but it's usually a pretty big deal.

M

member 1013

I live on a small acreage nestled in the heart of the Niagara escarpment an hour north of Toronto, closest neighbour is 1.5 km away. Just woods, hills, rivers and streams and farm fields. I love it.