What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
by higher standard, I just meant higher rated chamber pressure. there are lots of well-made revolvers out there.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Ruger builds their revolver frames to a higher standard. If you look at loading charts for .357 or .44Mag, you'll find loads that are "Ruger" loads.

so hawt. so heavy.
This is what they call an Old Wives Tale, sir.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gents, I think it's time. Do we start a reloading thread to discuss all things reloading?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i've seen it on load charts. do people just add it for fun?
Personally in all the reloading manuals I own, I've never come across "Ruger only" for .357. As far as I'm aware it's more for 44 mags and 45 long colts. With 44's it has to do with cartridge length (there's a couple Ruger models with longer cylinders that will allow you to in turn load more powder) but it's not that say a Smith would explode from the pressure, it's that they aren't physically big enough to function with the larger cartridge. Both guns and cartridges are made to an industry standard of pressure as so people don't blow their hands off. Now it's possible that one brand will fail faster than another if you're constantly feeding it super hot rounds, but that isn't a real world concern. Shooting is just one of those activities where a lot of pre-internet voodoo still persists. For reference, Ruger frames are cast, and Smith frames are forged so do with that information what you will.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Personally in all the reloading manuals I own, I've never come across "Ruger only" for .357. As far as I'm aware it's more for 44 mags and 45 long colts. With 44's it has to do with cartridge length (there's a couple Ruger models with longer cylinders that will allow you to in turn load more powder) but it's not that say a Smith would explode from the pressure, it's that they aren't physically big enough to function with the larger cartridge. Both guns and cartridges are made to an industry standard of pressure as so people don't blow their hands off. Now it's possible that one brand will fail faster than another if you're constantly feeding it super hot rounds, but that isn't a real world concern. Shooting is just one of those activities where a lot of pre-internet voodoo still persists. For reference, Ruger frames are cast, and Smith frames are forged so do with that information what you will.
Ruger casts are pretty nice, and strong, and sexy.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I really like it. Have put about 300 rounds of cheap brass ammo thru it without a problem. Holds 12 rounds, compact, racks really smooth and easy, love the feel of it. Not as accurate as I’d like but I think it could be the sights, as Taurus changed them on the G3C. I paid $309 for this brand new. For that kind of money, you really can’t go wrong. I am probably going to try new sights on it soon.
Could be the cheap brass too. If I remember correct my Glock 17 doesn’t much care for armscore and my CZ p10 isn’t a fan of herters. They group but not exactly where I’m aiming. Then again it could be me. I’m gonna run some herters through the chronograph tomorrow and see if there’s a difference in velocity.
You can’t go wrong for 309 and they are sharp looking pistols as well. You got some good defense rounds?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Could be the cheap brass too. If I remember correct my Glock 17 doesn’t much care for armscore and my CZ p10 isn’t a fan of herters. They group but not exactly where I’m aiming. Then again it could be me. I’m gonna run some herters through the chronograph tomorrow and see if there’s a difference in velocity.
You can’t go wrong for 309 and they are sharp looking pistols as well. You got some good defense rounds?
yeah I got a box of 50 hollow points that I carry in it for defense purposes. Use the cheap brass at the range.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
feed well?
I'd say 200+ rds later of FMJ and Hollow Point Cheap Steel Case later she feeds quite well. Had a few light primer strikes but that's to be expected since I haven't upgraded my firing pin to accommodate those rough russian primers yet.

These shots were at 25 yards after sight it.

20210403_120058.jpg

20210403_120403.jpg