What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I ran my set through the dishwasher more than once and destroyed the pearl rivet/bolt covers on the handles about a year after I got them (again, this was like 20 years ago). I was young and didn't know what the fuck I was doing. Other than aesthetics, the knives held up just fine, no loose handles or anything.
I don't know why this reminds me of this quote, but it does.

View: https://youtu.be/LIRHB0mNeqM?t=6

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I just can't bring myself to do the wireless keyboard and mouse. Can't do it.
i've been doing some upgrades in the home-office, thought I'd give it a try. I just like the look of a clean desktop, and it's nice to be able to set the kb anywhere when I want it out of my way.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i've been doing some upgrades in the home-office, thought I'd give it a try. I just like the look of a clean desktop, and it's nice to be able to set the kb anywhere when I want it out of my way.
My desk at home has a ton of surface space so it's not a huge deal to push everything to the back.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Had steak (caribou) and eggs for breakfast.
Took the Semi Buckhorn sights off my Henry .44 mag and put some new fiber optic sights on it.
1B1E9FD8-C2BC-4BE4-B693-EB48738E8C29.jpeg8096E655-DC4A-425F-B31B-515407BA54C3.jpeg

Went to Walmart to get shit to change my oil and my brakes started grinding, so I did my front brakes too.
Ate a bag of trail mix for lunch.
Broke my staple gun on the range, so I found another use for it.
E8BBAD95-41E9-4DF7-9715-9412D99512D4.jpeg
The new Ruger PC9 carbine shoots a little right, we shall have to remedy that tomorrow.
Found a kickass 4 foot pry bar in the middle of the road, so I turned around and picked it up.
876C0A7B-DD94-49E3-8C12-5717FF0FEBC7.jpeg
Rocked a 10,000 Maniacs/Liz Phair/Tori Amos playlist on the ride home.

Crop dusted the check out line in Walgreens, a la trail mix.

Gonna cook up some Elk, brussel sprouts, and pasta for dinner and sit on my dead ass and watch the fights tonight.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
replaced the toilet ring on the master bath commode. The ring was rotted, pulled up and was allowing a very slow leak that eventually caused some staining in the kitchen ceiling.

but it took 3 attempts to find the solution that actually worked, because the builders left the pipe short, and compensated by opening the hole on the short side.

assholes. I ended cutting back a little tile, working in a two-piece ring by inserting and sliding the half-ring around. At first I tried a spacer to bring the flange up, but i wasn't getting any grab from the screws on the wide side of the hole - they were just hitting soft plywood edge. figured that out when I went to put the tank on and it rocked up on that side.

assholes. I had to wedge a screw down between the hole and the pipe on the short side to center the pipe in the hole, screw down a half-ring, drive the screw in to the subfloor gap, work the other half-ring in, then pry the half-ring and pipe over to the other half and screw it down.

assholes.
but I got it done. fuck plumbing.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
replaced the toilet ring on the master bath commode. The ring was rotted, pulled up and was allowing a very slow leak that eventually caused some staining in the kitchen ceiling.

but it took 3 attempts to find the solution that actually worked, because the builders left the pipe short, and compensated by opening the hole on the short side.

assholes. I ended cutting back a little tile, working in a two-piece ring by inserting and sliding the half-ring around. At first I tried a spacer to bring the flange up, but i wasn't getting any grab from the screws on the wide side of the hole - they were just hitting soft plywood edge. figured that out when I went to put the tank on and it rocked up on that side.

assholes. I had to wedge a screw down between the hole and the pipe on the short side to center the pipe in the hole, screw down a half-ring, drive the screw in to the subfloor gap, work the other half-ring in, then pry the half-ring and pipe over to the other half and screw it down.

assholes.
Your first mistake was not having @George Thoros build your home.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I got the press set up to process some 300 Win Mag brass. I kept getting stuck cases, which was fun. It's all good now, so thats nice.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

assholes.
I have to run a 8 or 9 foot drain for the laundry “room”. I got a hole cut in the floor and that’s it. I’m not looking forward to it. Gonna get it done this weekend, and yes...fuck plumbing.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Stopped in on my Uncle on my drive home from the holidays and he was cleaning out his garage and I scored a 10in craftsman bandsaw and a Milwaukee chop saw.
Look for my Cut off the tip of my finger/severed some tendons AMA thread...coming soon.