What manly sh!t have you done today?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I need you at my house next
Lol it will be about 6 months before I’m able to breathe some here. Before fall I want to finish painting the entire inside of the house (2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and several closets left), get the kitchen done, caulk around all windows, build a deck, extend the driveway, install a basketball goal, and have 3 tri-axle loads of top soil delivered & graded level to be seeded and strawed (back yard looks like shit).

Then next spring, install a wrought iron fence and a drop a hot tub down in the deck.

THEN....I should be able to relax a bit lol.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Over the past month...

Got our old house ready to sell

Moved

Carried approx 75 heavy boxes from garage to various rooms of new house.

Painted ceilings, 2 bedrooms, living room, dining room, and 1 bath so far at new house.

Painted front door

Changed out 3 shower heads

Changed thermostats in water heater (changing out elements tomorrow).

Replaced 2 light fixtures

Hung TV’s

Picked up new furniture and brought it back to the house.

Trimmed all landscaping

Cut back two trees growing too close to house & roof

Cleaned gutters

Tomorrow I will finish painting a 3rd bedroom & start organizing the garage.

Kitchen cabinets being delivered this Friday, will install Saturday & Sunday.
Jesus Christ dude. You’re a machine.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jesus Christ dude. You’re a machine.
Thanks man. I’ve put more hours in (about 14-15 a day) over the past month, than I have in a very long time. House we bought was pretty outdated on the inside & I don’t want to drag it out for 2-3 years. Would rather sack up for 6 months here and get it the way we want it, so we can then relax & enjoy it a bit. I’m also trying to build up some quick equity in it. I think everything we’re doing will increase the value of the home by about $20k to $25k.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Built this. Took 3 days. Total cost $280 including the chairs.

Very cool.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you have some Sasafras in your backyard. You can make tea from the bark and its roots if you are so inclined. Although if you are a rat in California, it apparently causes cancer. You can also make root beer from it.

And that might be a baby Walnut tree back there. If you have any mama and papa walnut trees around, they fetch a pretty penny if you don't mind cutting one down.

I put a square around what I think might be a baby Walnut. And I put a circle around the Sasafras.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Very cool.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you have some Sasafras in your backyard. You can make tea from the bark and its roots if you are so inclined. Although if you are a rat in California, it apparently causes cancer. You can also make root beer from it.

And that might be a baby Walnut tree back there. If you have any mama and papa walnut trees around, they fetch a pretty penny if you don't mind cutting one down.

I put a square around what I think might be a baby Walnut. And I put a circle around the Sasafras.

Good information to have brother, thank you. We just moved in here in May, and I spent the first 3 months working on the inside of the house...literally. So I'm just now getting to some projects outside. My wife wants to clear out some of that back there, and put a hammock & picnic table. I'll make sure to keep the walnut tree.

Here's another one of my projects after we moved in. Before and after.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Well, after you bought the chairs off Craig's list and stole the gravel and handful of bricks from a local job site; I assume there was some left over money.
Lmao. I thought it would cost a lot more to build it, but it wasn't bad at all.

$100 for the perimeter stones
$80 for the fire pit stones
$35 for the pea gravel
$65 for the chairs

Had black weed felt paper left over in the garage that I laid down under the rock.

How much do you think that kitchen transformation above cost me out of pocket?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1000 bucks.
Lol, I wish!

New cabinets = $3800 (40% off deal at Lowes)
Hardware = $60
Granite = $2300 installed
Backsplash = $180
Appliances = $3200
Faucet = $120

Appliance credit from seller at closing = $4000
Sold old cabinets = $1000
Rebate from Lowe's on cabinets = $380

Total cost out of pocket = $4280 (which was covered by money made from the sale of our old house)

Did everything myself but set the granite. Think it turned out really nice & added a ton of equity to the house.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Assembled a fuel-inject Hemi with my dad.
taught jui-jitsu to my 3 and 5 year olds.
sang a screaming baby to sleep using only Travelling Wilburys and Metallica (Justice and earlier, because Metal Up Your Ass)
gonna throw the wife a couple orgasms and a Hat Trick before bed, and call it a day.

Oh - and I was up at 0430 on 3.5 hrs sleep taking care of sick angry baby, to go in to work and have a meeting with a VP where we had throw-down over $3M of capital budget. He went full a-hole, with another person in the room. He doesn't know that all of the Sr VPs have already agreed to take the decision out of his hands and go with my proposal.

Wild @Wild - go ahead and lock this thread.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Assembled a fuel-inject Hemi with my dad.
taught jui-jitsu to my 3 and 5 year olds.
sang a screaming baby to sleep using only Travelling Wilburys and Metallica (Justice and earlier, because Metal Up Your Ass)
gonna throw the wife a couple orgasms and a Hat Trick before bed, and call it a day.

Oh - and I was up at 0430 on 3.5 hrs sleep taking care of sick angry baby, to go in to work and have a meeting with a VP where we had throw-down over $3M of capital budget. He went full a-hole, with another person in the room. He doesn't know that all of the Sr VPs have already agreed to take the decision out of his hands and go with my proposal.

Wild @Wild - go ahead and lock this thread.

Oh, I didn't realize we were supposed to just make things up.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Oh, I didn't realize we were supposed to just make things up.
did you just call me Mix6APlix @Mix6APlix, motherfucker?!

:leftright:

EDIT: with exception of the wife-plowin' (which hasn't happened yet) I will SN bet on all of the above. Just agree on someone we both trust with my personal info and I WILL PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION.

get. in. the. ring.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Baked a Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Cake with Honey Roasted Peanuts for our 1 Month Wedding Anniversary.

Cuz Happy Wife Happy Life.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Gots to show the love.

No matter how trivial.

For 2 months ima bake a pie.
with my D in it. ;)
add the special ingredient AFTER you bake it.
and after it cools down.
but not too much.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Good information to have brother, thank you. We just moved in here in May, and I spent the first 3 months working on the inside of the house...literally. So I'm just now getting to some projects outside. My wife wants to clear out some of that back there, and put a hammock & picnic table. I'll make sure to keep the walnut tree.

Here's another one of my projects after we moved in. Before and after.

Love the cabinets. Woulda made em ceiling height if it was in the budget

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Used a come-along to move a car without a rear end out of the garage, and move the project car in.

Last edited: