What MMA podcasts do you guys listen to?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence Sorry homey, you got me talking now, so I do have one more thought. . .

I feel sometimes like the arc of Sherdog is a reflection of the arc of the sport of MMA. It's a well-known fact that the sport was much more popular around 2009-2012 than it is today. PPV buys and viewership are down on average, visitors to MMA news sites are down, MMA forums are less active and many have closed their doors.

It makes me wonder what the future of this sport is. I'm not saying "the sport is dying" or any nonsense like that, but it's clear that it was resonating with people just a handful of years ago in a way that it is largely not doing so today. I have to wonder what the MMA landscape is going to look like 10 or 20 years from now.
Yeah it always seems to go in ebbs and flows, but Endeavor sure isn't helping things. Online advertisers are also paying way less nowadays and that combined with over saturation certainly isn't helping the sites stay afloat.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I used to listen to several, such as the MMA Junkie podcast and several shows on the SRN. Got tired of Junkie's loose format though and then the SRN imploded (or I guess rather was blown up by Crave), so now the only one I listen to is the Co-Main Event podcast, which I highly recommend:

www.comainevent.com

I wouldn't mind having one or two more though since these guys only post once a week.

What do you guys listen to? Any recommendations?
Bispings on YouTube

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
100% and for sure need to listen to Brandon Schwab son.
I'm a big brandon fan and was listening religously in the beginning

But ubsubbed awhile ago because it was too muc boxing

Tried again today randomly while working. First 30 min or so was about frogged clothes or something. Next 30 was mma. And after a few minutes of boxing I Xed out.

Brendons cool in my book tho

Haters lol

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
not really podcasts but I watch fight breakdowns from Frias Zahabi and Dan Hardy and the other Brit
These are all fantastic. Can't endorse them more.

Dan Hardy's breakdown of Cody vs TJ made me definitively pick TJ and look like a genius with my friends when breaking down why. (Full disclosure- I gave Hardy credit.)

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I'm a big brandon fan and was listening religously in the beginning

But ubsubbed awhile ago because it was too muc boxing

Tried again today randomly while working. First 30 min or so was about frogged clothes or something. Next 30 was mma. And after a few minutes of boxing I Xed out.

Brendons cool in my book tho

Haters lol
I was a big fan of TFATK in the beginning. I listened to it for a long time. They started losing me at some point when they started spending so much time jerking each other off and talking about how great Brenden is at everything. His work ethic, marketing skills, blah blah blah. It still had funny moments, but he started to seem a little less down to earth and a lot more narcissistic.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
MMA Depressed Us is a fun show hosted by Connor Ruebusch, Phil Mackenzie, and Zane Simon. On weeks without UFC events they do a "fight companion/rifftrax" style show for a good bad fight, a bad bad fight, and a fight that should have been better. Last week's was a doozy

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
The Matburn Podcast.

Professional jiu-jiteiros Josh Hinger/Hinjer and sometimes, maybe Keenan Cornelius co-host, delving into both jiu-jitsu and non jiu-jitsu topics. Both video and audio versions available on most platforms.

The Mat Burn

They're 5.5 episodes in and just hitting their stride. The first couple are a little janky due to equipment and technical issues.
I'm really enjoying it but mostly because I'm a big fan of Cornelius'.