General What movie, album and book have you watched, listened to and read most often in your life?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
If I had to guess….

Movie: Weird Science (I had it on VHS as a kid and wore it out)

Book: Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

Album: Jane’s Addiction Ritual de lo Habitual

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I know it's not from this album but my wife's favorite song is "Jane Says." I always figured she had shitty taste in music.

Thank you for confirming it.
Ritual de la Habitual is possibly one of the best albums ever. You must have shitty taste in music.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I think hating on the black album is a bit cheesy, too. It has a bunch of great tracks on it. They can't just release the same album over and over for a decade.

??
If they did that they would be the AC/DC.

btw, movie: probably The Big Lebowski

album: probably London Calling by The Clash

book: maybe the only one I’ve read twice is The Godfather.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Movie: The Big Lebowski

Book: Timequake by Vonnegut
And Allen Carr’s Quit Smoking the Easy Way. The only books I’ve read twice.

Album: Probably a toss up between Nirvana’s In Utero and After the Goldrush by Neil Young & Crazy Horse.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Ritual de la Habitual is possibly one of the best albums ever. You must have shitty taste in music.
It's a 30 year old album and Jane's Addiction still stands as one of the most original and unclassifiable bands in music. They don't fit into any particular scene or sound. It also sounds like an "album" it was meant to be listened from end to end. It flows and the songs are so dynamic and different from one another you never get bored of it. My best friend's older sister's boyfriend turned us on to it when I was like 14 and I've never stopped listening to it for any period of my life.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Movie: Goodfellas

Album (probably): Blak and blu

* I didn't include books because I'm not a pretentious cunt.

Last edited:

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Movie: The Big Lebowski

Book: Timequake by Vonnegut
And Allen Carr’s Quit Smiking the Easy Way. The only books I’ve read twice.

Album: Probably a toss up between Nirvana’s In Utero’s and After the Goldrush by Neil Young & Crazy Horse.
Neil Young Harvest and Nirvana Incesticide are up there for my most listens as well. I almost put Harvest for mine.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
It's a 30 year old album and Jane's Addiction still stands as one of the most original and unclassifiable bands in music. They don't fit into any particular scene or sound. It also sounds like an "album" it was meant to be listened from end to end. It flows and the songs are so dynamic and different from one another you never get bored of it. My best friend's older sister's boyfriend turned us on to it when I was like 14 and I've never stopped listening to it for any period of my life.
Perry Farrell’s makes me sick. I’d rather puke and eat it than listen to Jane’s Addiction.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Neil Young Harvest and Nirvana Incesticide are up there for my most listens as well. I almost put Harvest for mine.
Great album. I love all of his stuff from the late 60’s and 70’s.
When he played “Out on the Weekend” live a few years ago, I lost it like those broads on Ed Sullivan watching The Beatles.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Perry Farrell’s makes me sick. I’d rather puke and eat it than listen to Jane’s Addiction.
How can you be a Neil Young fan and complain about someone's voice? I've always been on board with Perry Farrell's vocals. Frank Black is another singer who I like but some people can't get past his voice.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Great album. I love all of his stuff from the late 60’s and 70’s.
When he played “Out on the Weekend” live a few years ago, I lost it like those broads on Ed Sullivan watching The Beatles.
That's one of my top ten songs of all time.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
How can you be a Neil Young fan and complain about someone's voice? I've always been on board with Perry Farrell's vocals. Frank Black is another singer who I like but some people can't get past his voice.
I’ve just never liked it, plus he thinks he’s really cool. That don’t jive with me.
Neil Young has such a strong paper thin vocal pattern, when he sings, I believe him.

M

member 3289

PicsArt_10-14-02.15.41.jpg

Eat shit you fucking dork!!!!!!!!

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Truth.
Kirk seems like the guy who's fun to hang out with and genuinely nice.
I remember laughing watching "Some Kind of Monster" when Het and Lars are Drama Central, Trujillo the new guy was like "just happy to be here, I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut", and Kirk was hanging out on his farm looking chill as fuck, sighing and basically saying "we're all multi-millionaire rock legends, our legacy is secure, I don't understand why these guys can't just fucking enjoy that."

??

Last edited:

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I remember laughing watching "Some Kind of Monster" when Het and Lars are Drama Central, Trujillo the new guy was like "just happy to be here, I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut", and Kirk was hanging out on his farm looking chill as fuck, signing and basically saying "we're all multi-millionaire rock legends, our legacy is secure, I don't understand why these guys can't just fucking enjoy that."

??
I watched it recently. Lars screaming in James' face while he's facing his substance issues was cringe. And I just couldn't figure out why they couldn't get it together, just huge egos.

Kirk relaxing and wishing he knew wtf was going on.

You were arguably the best band on the planet for a few albums, come on guys

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I watched it recently. Lars screaming in James' face while he's facing his substance issues was cringe. And I just couldn't figure out why they couldn't get it together, just huge egos.

Kirk relaxing and wishing he knew wtf was going on.

You were arguably the best band on the planet for a few albums, come on guys
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Some Kind of Monster is one of the greatest comedies ever made.