General What movie, album and book have you watched, listened to and read most often in your life?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Maybe we have some unexpected crossovers.

For me:

Movie: Probably Jurassic Park. If not that, then likely Office Space or The Devil Wears Prada.

Book: Either The Catcher in the Rye, or The Long Walk.

Album: Definitely Nirvana Unplugged in New York, no question about that one.

You?

??

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Movie, probably Citizen Kane.

Book, probably the LOTR trilogy.

Specific album?
Oh, that's tough. I listened to the first four Metallica records so often.

Each and every Beatles record.

Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd... that would be very difficult to pick out.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Specific album?
Oh, that's tough. I listened to the first four Metallica records so often.
Yeah, Ride the Lightning is going to be top 5 for me as well. I never got why Puppets got all the love - to me, Ride the Lightning is much stronger. Even to the extent that I like Creeping Death better than I like the song Master of Puppets.

Master of Puppets (the song) S&M version KO1 album version too, fight me. :smile:

??

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Yeah, Ride the Lightning is going to be top 5 for me as well. I never got why Puppets got all the love - to me, Ride the Lightning is much stronger. Even to the extent that I like Creeping Death better than I like the song Master of Puppets.

Master of Puppets (the song) S&M version KO1 album version too, fight me. :smile:

??
Battery.

Leper Messiah.

Nuff said.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
What’s your thoughts on Holden?

Arrogant little asshole or misunderstood victim of sexual abuse?
I think a little from column A, a little from column B. He always seemed a bit autistic to me as well, even before I knew what that was.

A friend of mine's father gave me a paperback copy when I was 11, and told me "you'll like this." He was right. :smile:

??

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I think a little from column A, a little from column B. He always seemed a bit autistic to me as well, even before I knew what that was.

A friend of mine's father gave me a paperback copy when I was 11, and told me "you'll like this." He was right. :smile:

??
I didn’t get an autistic feel but I definitely recognized the red flags of an abused child with a mistrust of adults and the system that failed him.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Movie: Original Star Wars Trilogy, Wayne’s World, Who Framed Roger rabbit.

Book: To Kill a Mockingbird, Slaughterhouse Five

Album: Pink Floyd Animals, Talking Heads Stop Making Sense, Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow, Cake Fashion Nugget Prolonging the Magic Comfort Eagle

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021

??
The albums after Justice don't exist in my world. Justice barely gets by.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I didn’t get an autistic feel but I definitely recognized the red flags of an abused child with a mistrust of adults and the system that failed him.
I remember as a child noticing small things here and there - he complains whenever anyone touches him, he's very rigid in his behaviour, he doesn't care about food or fashion or being cool, he displays inappropriate emotional reactions to upsetting situations (like the suicide jumper from his dorm)..... just little things here and there made sense to me as a kid.

??

Last edited:

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The albums after Justice don't exist in my world. Justice barely gets by.
Ride the Lightning has:

For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Trapped Under Ice
Escape
Creeping Death

Ridiculous five-song stretch.

I think hating on the black album is a bit cheesy, too. It has a bunch of great tracks on it. They can't just release the same album over and over for a decade.

??

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Anyone listen to that new album they just released? A bunch of different artist doing covers of their most favourite Metallica song. Meh.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Ride the Lightning has:

For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Trapped Under Ice
Escape
Creeping Death

Ridiculous five-song stretch.

I think hating on the black album is a bit cheesy, too. It has a bunch of great tracks on it. They can't just release the same album over and over for a decade.

??
I was just talking about this with a friend yesterday. They shared the top of the game in their genre. And like all bands, I think they wanted to grow musically. Who wants to play the same songs and solos for decades?

I just think they didn't have anywhere to go. Speed metal was their thing.
And mine, but it's had its day.
Nu metal is meaningless to me.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Movie: Probably Reservoir Dogs. Or El Dorado (John Wayne). Although I used to watch the hell out of Full Metal Jacket too.

Book: I read a lot, but I don't think I've read a book twice.

Album: Probably Van Halen 5150. Or Metallica's Master of Puppets.