What Reasons do You think Pushed Eddie Alvarez to go to OneFC?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheCompleteKO

Sep 17, 2018
TMC,

We now have confirmed news( as close as its gonna get) that former UFC LW Champion has left the UFC and signed to OneFC.

A Few things,
we know UFC had the rights to match any offer received by Eddie.
we know Bellator was quick to dismiss that Eddie would be coming to the organization, even though it's almost guaranteed that they reached out to him.

Obviously, money is the biggest motivator. Eddie must have gotten one hell of a deal if the UFC was willing to let Eddie walk ( even though I don't think WME/Dana truly realized the fighter that Eddie is and how well is does for the UFC).

But what about all the other factors? FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC spoke about the risk to his sponsors and how some sponsors may only want the publicity from a UFC fighter and not someone from a smaller non-Western organization such as OneFC.

I know one of the biggest sponsors Eddie has is a betting agency over his Instagram, but what do you guys think?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
TMC,

We now have confirmed news( as close as its gonna get) that former UFC LW Champion has left the UFC and signed to OneFC.

A Few things,
we know Bellator was quick to dismiss that Eddie would be coming to the organization, even though it's almost guaranteed that they reached out to him.

Obviously, money is the biggest motivator. Eddie must have gotten one hell of a deal if the UFC was willing to let Eddie walk ( even though I don't think WME/Dana truly realized the fighter that Eddie is and how well is does for the UFC).

But what about all the other factors? FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC spoke about the risk to his sponsors and how some sponsors may only want the publicity from a UFC fighter and not someone from a smaller non-Western organization such as OneFC.

I know one of the biggest sponsors Eddie has is a betting agency over his Instagram, but what do you guys think?
Sometimes its more lucrative to be a big fish in a small pond

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
1. He would never wear UFC gold again
2. He can be “the man” in One FC
3. This is likely the last contract he will be able to negotiate before he is completely out of his prime, so the time is now to cash in

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Money.

Eddie has accomplished a ton in MMA and fighting for the UFC isn't as important as making the most he can to set his family up for the future.

Someone said that his initial asking price to Bellator was 1 million per fight.

I'm sure that One didn't pay that much but he probably got a great base and freedom to make as much sponsorship money as possible.

He's very much so a big fish in a small pond now that's making the most money possible for fighting weaker competition. That's a solid combo.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Better money, new environment. Travel broadens the mind. If he's getting an opportunity to experience a new land and get paid for it doing something he loves then why not.

Also

Maybe he thinks Dana is a cunt or something?

M

member 603

Better money, new environment. Travel broadens the mind. If he's getting an opportunity to experience a new land and get paid for it doing something he loves then why not.

Also

Maybe he thinks Dana is a cunt or something?
DEFINITELY the "Dana is a cunt" thing... Most definitely

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Money.

Eddie has accomplished a ton in MMA and fighting for the UFC isn't as important as making the most he can to set his family up for the future.

Someone said that his initial asking price to Bellator was 1 million per fight.

I'm sure that One didn't pay that much but he probably got a great base and freedom to make as much sponsorship money as possible.

He's very much so a big fish in a small pond now that's making the most money possible for fighting weaker competition. That's a solid combo.
Bingo. I'm happy he's making the most money he can... Every fighter needs to think like this.. the UFC counts on the fighter being naive and fighting for cheap just to be in the "best org."

Nov 21, 2015
TMC,

A Few things,