Lifestyle what recreational place/event most excited for once ish reopens?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
for me its the mini indoor slope with some rails and hits. i found out about it when my local mountain was still open around February. bought a bunch of passes, but March flew by then effin COVID

View: https://youtu.be/QCOjxZcM-g8
That looks like a blast. I wish we had something like that around here.

I cant wait until the boy is old enough to start on board ... skate, snow, surf.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
That looks like a blast. I wish we had something like that around here.

I cant wait until the boy is old enough to start on board ... skate, snow, surf.
what age are you thinking? (i didn't start until i was like 15ish. but my buddy had been skiing since he was like 3 or something)

actually, ignore that.. how about, at what age do you think a kid can ride well enough to not slow you down at all?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
We have an indoor slope nearby. It's open. Not been tho, I'm sure I'd fall over and hurt myself.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
what age are you thinking? (i didn't start until i was like 15ish. but my buddy had been skiing since he was like 3 or something)

actually, ignore that.. how about, at what age do you think a kid can ride well enough to not slow you down at all?
Well, it will be a few years of sacrifice until he is good enough to not slow me down... but that is what parenting is all about. The boy is a dare-devil, I assume we will get him started early with some safety measures in place.

At 16 months, he has been out on the paddle board with his mom (in a life jacket) and thought he was the coolest thing around. Loves my skateboard and to watch me rip down the hill with the dogs on it. I assume we will have him out on the hill by 3 years with a leash.

My buddies 6 year old boy puts me to shame on the skate, snow and surfboard.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Well, it will be a few years of sacrifice until he is good enough to not slow me down... but that is what parenting is all about. The boy is a dare-devil, I assume we will get him started early with some safety measures in place.

At 16 months, he has been out on the paddle board with his mom (in a life jacket) and thought he was the coolest thing around. Loves my skateboard and to watch me rip down the hill with the dogs on it. I assume we will have him out on the hill by 3 years with a leash.
I'm not a parent but I just realized that I wss probably missing the point. its not about having another equal rider to go with. you got friends for that (I'd hope)

its about just getting out there, teaching and having a blast with a child. a crazy, little organic computer that you somehow brought to life

props

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
You are the only one here who will appreciate this... but I’m going to see whatever off-Broadway shows I can down here.
I am also hoping I will be able to take my 96 year old grandma to Broadway whenever it does reopen, I think (hope) for Spring 2021...

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
For me it's sports in general. It's simply not the same without the audience and I can't imagine how long it's gonna take for it to be back to normal. I can handle the UFC without the crowd but it would be better with one...

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
You are the only one here who will appreciate this... but I’m going to see whatever off-Broadway shows I can down here.
I am also hoping I will be able to take my 96 year old grandma to Broadway whenever it does reopen, I think (hope) for Spring 2021...
have you seen Hamilton off-Broadway or on TV yet? it came out on Amazon prime or something recently, and im a big fan of lin Manuel miranda in his dark materials, but im not sure how I feel about a hip hop based musical lol. (I'm more into the andrew Lloyd webber opera type musicals, or pop music type ones like a rent, wicked or newsies)

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
what is that???
Football of course. The ball is rolling again for quite a while, but without spectators.

I actually had tickets to a game that was postponed due to Corona, and since has been played without specs. And I still haven't gotten shit. No money back, no vouchers or anything. Pisses me off.
I got em from ticketmaster (not sure if they are a thing over there), and they always tell me to wait. But wait for what? The game was already played.
Thinking of sueing em if they don't do something soon.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Football of course. The ball is rolling again for quite a while, but without spectators.

I actually had tickets to a game that was postponed due to Corona, and since has been played without specs. And I still haven't gotten shit. No money back, no vouchers or anything. Pisses me off.
I got em from ticketmaster (not sure if they are a thing over there), and they always tell me to wait. But wait for what? The game was already played.
Thinking of sueing em if they don't do something soon.
ticketmaster has pretty efficient with sending me updates as to whether concerts were poat poned, cancelled, or rescheduled (and those thst were canceled were refunded automatically to my card)

what status does your game say? does it say "past event" ??

Screenshot_20200731-060947_Ticketmaster.png

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
have you seen Hamilton off-Broadway or on TV yet? it came out on Amazon prime or something recently, and im a big fan of lin Manuel miranda in his dark materials, but im not sure how I feel about a hip hop based musical lol. (I'm more into the andrew Lloyd webber opera type musicals, or pop music type ones like a rent, wicked or newsies)
It’s on Disney+ and I can’t stop either watching or listening to it. I’m enamored. I wanted to see it off-Broadway last year, but no one would go with me. Find someone with Disney+ and watch it.
Also, it has Jonathan Groff. Need I say more ?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
It’s on Disney+ and I can’t stop either watching or listening to it. I’m enamored. I wanted to see it off-Broadway last year, but no one would go with me. Find someone with Disney+ and watch it.
Also, it has Jonathan Groff. Need I say more ?
oh I've got disney+ ... just mispoke. I'll check it out, thanks!

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
You should be embarrassed to post this gay shit
for what its worth, I just chose that section since it showed 3 of the 4 status types, theres cooler shit that you might like. the cutoff one at the bottom is styx

and the Harry Potter event is a live viewing of the final movie wirh a live orchestra. in going to deathly hallows part 1 with a female

wss rescheduled to 2021, but originally, I was set to be hanging out in Ohio for a nerdy ice and fire con, flying back to jersey to watch that garry otter concert/movie with a female in the first row on Halloween, and flying back to Ohio that same night for Halloween and the rest of the con

that's nerd level 25 type Ballin lol
Screenshot_20200731-075902_Ticketmaster.png

M

member 3289

for what its worth, I just chose that section since it showed 3 of the 4 status types, theres cooler shit that you might like. the cutoff one at the bottom is styx

and the Harry Potter event is a live viewing of the final movie wirh a live orchestra. in going to deathly hallows part 1 with a female

wss rescheduled to 2021, but originally, I was set to be hanging out in Ohio for a nerdy ice and fire con, flying back to jersey to watch that garry otter concert/movie with a female in the first row on Halloween, and flying back to Ohio that same night for Halloween and the rest of the con

that's nerd level 25 type Ballin lol
View attachment 11427
Speaking of Harry Potter, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios was canceled.

It was the right thing to do but I was still pretty bummed to hear it.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Speaking of Harry Potter, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios was canceled.

It was the right thing to do but I was still pretty bummed to hear it.
what is that? special Halloween nights at the park? sounds badass (six flags great adventure does something similar in October, but i bet its a whole bother level at universal)

M

member 3289

what is that? special Halloween nights at the park? sounds badass (six flags great adventure does something similar in October, but i bet its a whole bother level at universal)
Yeah it's an annual Halloween-themed nightly event for adults only. They pick a different theme each year and after the park closes for the day, only adults are allowed in and it's full of drinking, haunted houses, Halloween-themed rides, and people trying to scare the shit out of you.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I can't wait for my hunting season to start in the middle of September. I plan to bring my son out a time or 2 on mild days to get him used to it, he'll be ~11 months old.