Lifestyle what recreational place/event most excited for once ish reopens?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
bow, rifle, or war hammer?
I'll most likely take him out for early teal and canada season this year so we will be blasting with shotguns. My wife typically hunts with me so we will probably only bring one shotty and take turns holding/watching him while the other shoots. We got him some pretty sweet hearing protection the other day.

I don't think he's ready for full duck season and the weather that comes with it, it'll be a few years before he's ready for that, and I don't really want him up in a tree stand until he's much older than he is now. Maybe I can take him out towards the end of deer season here and go out to my buddies ranch and post up under a tree.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I'll most likely take him out for early teal and canada season this year so we will be blasting with shotguns. My wife typically hunts with me so we will probably only bring one shotty and take turns holding/watching him while the other shoots. We got him some pretty sweet hearing protection the other day.
are there specific animals you hunt with shotgun, like pheasant or something? or ducks?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
are there specific animals you hunt with shotgun, like pheasant or something? or ducks?
Ducks, geese, dove, and with our new boat I can get to where the turkeys are so we will probably add them to the list. Teal are a specific type of small duck that migrates early, so you have a 2 week season for them in September during which you can also kill Canadian's who have illegally crossed our boarders.

These are Teal for anyone curious. Probably one of the best tasting ducks, up there with wood ducks.
1596199311055.png1596199337101.png1596199348285.png

Last edited:

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Ducks, geese, dove, and with our new boat I can get to where the turkeys are so we will probably add them to the list. Teal are a specific type of small duck that migrates early, so you have a 2 week season for them in September during which you can also kill Canadian's who have illegally crossed our boarders.

These are Teal for anyone curious. Probably one of the best tasting ducks, up there with wood ducks.
View attachment 11430View attachment 11431View attachment 11432
@Lars Soros better not cross over.