What Rener Said To Brian Ortega After Loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
I like what Rener said to Brian here but doesn't anyone else find it completely
out of line to say this on Instagram instead of to him in person and then keep what
was said to himself?

I find it weird as fuck that everyone is so open to sharing very private shit
on instagram for the world to see. These young kids these days have a warped
sense of personal space and privacy.

This conversation is not something to do in public

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrLUrNih_vz/

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Actually that is perfect for public. That is how it should be. Nothing said there was "too private". Ortega is a beast and didnt slip once and he was getting worked. The guy has a bright future. He should definitely be smart and take 6 months off from contact training.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Actually that is perfect for public. That is how it should be. Nothing said there was "too private". Ortega is a beast and didnt slip once and he was getting worked. The guy has a bright future. He should definitely be smart and take 6 months off from contact training.
Agree but I dunno bout no six months. Just don't rush it and heal right.

I'm glad the fight was stopped tho I was worried for his well being in there, thought some Apollo Creed shit was gonna happen

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Agree but I dunno bout no six months. Just don't rush it and heal right.

I'm glad the fight was stopped tho I was worried for his well being in there, thought some Apollo Creed shit was gonna happen
I say 6 months as to be SUPER safe and to literally prolong your career another 2-3 years and make money and retire with your wits.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I say 6 months as to be SUPER safe and to literally prolong your career another 2-3 years and make money and retire with your wits.
Fuck that, throw him in there till he talks like Bernard Hopkins. His coaches need thier cut too , don't wanna bench him too long.

Nov 21, 2015
Maybe its just me then. I just don't want my friends telling our private conversations
to the whole damn world. It loses its meaning

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
LOL. Yeah I just find that shit odd.

Its like telling your wife something special and then sharing the exact conversation
on Facebook. It completely loses its meaning. Should have been something you
said to that person "in person" and only that person
This just reminds me of those guys that won't say I love you on the phone if their friends are around, just me too or something .

Nov 21, 2015
This just reminds me of those guys that won't say I love you on the phone if their friends are around, just me too or something .
Haha true!

I guess I see it as Rener trying to look good in public when I feel he
shoulda said that to Brian in person and left that conversation between
themselves.

If Rener wants to then later make a public statement about his support for Brian
then thats fine. But if you wanna express just how much you care about me thats
something I wanna hear from you in person. Certainly not on instagram

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Haha true!

themselves.

If Rener wants to then later make a public statement about his support for Brian
I feel like you are looking too much into this. He has probably said a lot of things to Brian that are not covered in this post. He's drumming up support for his fighter, he showed warrior spirit to the max. I bet that post got a huge following, he's trying to show Brian he's not let anyone down with that performance.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I guess I see it as Rener trying to look good in public
On that note....did anyone else notice how much Rener seems to enjoy being adjacent to the spotlight? He's kind of a goofy dude, and I don't have anything against him really, but he kind of annoyed me on some of the Embedded stuff and the lead up to this fight. Overly eager to have a star pupil, or something like that.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Haha true!

themselves.

I get the point you are making, but I don't see anything too egregious here. I would like to think that Rener said a lot more to T-city behind the scenes and off of social media. They seem to be pretty close.

But....I have also never used any type of social media, so what do I know lol

Nov 21, 2015
I feel like you are looking too much into this. He has probably said a lot of things to Brian that are not covered in this post. He's drumming up support for his fighter, he showed warrior spirit to the max. I bet that post got a huge following, he's trying to show Brian he's not let anyone down with that performance.
I could be reading too much into it. It just struck me as off

Nov 21, 2015
On that note....did anyone else notice how much Rener seems to enjoy being adjacent to the spotlight? He's kind of a goofy dude, and I don't have anything against him really, but he kind of annoyed me on some of the Embedded stuff and the lead up to this fight. Overly eager to have a star pupil, or something like that.
Yeah, Rener is always in Gracie University promotion mode.

I've never seen him on camera or in an interview where he wasn't

I think he's a good guy though

Nov 21, 2015
I get the point you are making, but I don't see anything too egregious here. I would like to think that Rener said a lot more to T-city behind the scenes and off of social media. They seem to be pretty close.

But....I have also never used any type of social media, so what do I know lol
Not a big social media person myself either.

I've tweeted literally twice in the past 5 years.

Once was when Rose caught that flying armbar in Invicta and I tweeted
how sweet that move was. She also retweeted it so that was cool.

The other time was when DC went off about USADA I tweeted about that

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I could be reading too much into it. It just struck me as off
I could be wrong too (it happened once back in 1993) but I see this as a coach backing his defeated warrior as a champion and keeping his head up. I bet they had a way more detailed conversation than "I'm sorry" and t city is a bit low on self esteem. This being his first loss and so high profile to boot. Probably trying to get him out of his funk by publicly stating he is proud of him while at the same time allowing the wide wide web to show the same love. He has nothing to be ashamed of, he was a pure Spartan in there. Like I said I was willing the doc to stop it because I knew brian wouldn't. He probably won't more fans in that defeat than he would have in a Rd 1 ko

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Maybe its just me then. I just don't want my friends telling our private conversations
to the whole damn world. It loses its meaning
He may have been getting questions about his reaction or and asked Brian if he was alright with posting about it first.

If not, while the post is not embarrassing or insulting in any way, it isn’t something that should have been publicly posted about by anyone other than Ortega.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
not sure how this is going to come off, but here goes. Any person who has a lot of public exposure has a Public Persona and a Private Persona. It's the nature of the beast. The IG post is Public Rener. Public Rener has to say something about what happened after the fight, or he's going to have the same conversation for the next 3 months with 10k different people.

My guess is that Private Rener gave Brian a hug and shed a little tear if/when Brian said "I'm sorry."
Maybe a little head shake and a 'pfft...fuck you'.

And that was all that needed to be said between brothers.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
After some time has passed, I'll be curious to hear Brian's reflections on the fight. Tough losses like this (war, lots of damage, etc) can either change a fighter for the worse, or be a catalyst to the next level. Looking forward to his comeback after he heals up.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude I hope it's

"I think I'm going to throw more leg kicks, lots of leg kicks. Because who the fuck is going to try and take me down?"