General what the fuck happened to this place?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So now yall don't believe in free speech?

How was free speech received in this thread? General - the real canadian news and politics thread | TMMAC - The MMA Community Forum

This has become the existence of a guy whos butthurt beyond belief, and like others before him who were banned...has decided to dig in & double down, instead of just taking a breath and a break for a few days (hence, the discouraged user option - versus pinking or ban).

And when he's banned because he's hellbent on going out on his sword for CMNH (who is reading this down in Florida and laughing his ass off), how many are going to accuse me of being a biased dictator who's trying to create a right wing echo chamber here?

cmnh.png
What many here (on both sides) are unwilling to admit is, they only want free speech when they approve of the subject matter. Free speech isn't under attack here...entitled assholes are (by me, and unapologetically). And I dont care what side of the aisle they're on.

Everyone else, including a shit load of people who dont share the same political/world views that I do, are still here and welcome to share their opinions. They're not posting because they're scared of being censored or banned. They're not posting because they're pissed off some people got banned and they're either pouting about it, or protesting by not posting.

Oct 24, 2015
How was free speech received in this thread? General - the real canadian news and politics thread | TMMAC - The MMA Community Forum

This has become the existence of a guy whos butthurt beyond belief, and like others before him who were banned...has decided to dig in & double down, instead of just taking a breath and a break for a few days (hence, the discouraged user option - versus pinking or ban).

And when he's banned because he's hellbent on going out on his sword for CMNH (who is reading this down in Florida and laughing his ass off), how many are going to accuse me of being a biased dictator who's trying to create a right wing echo chamber here?

View attachment 75494
What many here (on both sides) are unwilling to admit is, they only want free speech when they approve of the subject matter. Free speech isn't under attack here...entitled assholes are (by me, and unapologetically). And I dont care what side of the aisle they're on.

Everyone else, including a shit load of people who dont share the same political/world views that I do, are still here and welcome to share their opinions. They're not posting because they're scared of being censored or banned. They're not posting because they're pissed off some people got banned and they're either pouting about it, or protesting by not posting.
It not about CMNH. Nice talking point though.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm with you on alot of your opinions and don't think you should have been put on a "discouraged user" list either so two wrongs don't make a right. Call me naive but I'm surprised that the "discouraged user" is really a thing. It's a pussy way of doing things. I like the debating here and think everyone should have a say as long as we don't get into personal insults. Echo chambers are not good no matter which side has them.
I had heard that feature and many other interesting features that weren't conducive open discussion/debate were available or being worked on for future updates, I'm not surprised by it all.

I knew I was on "the list" the moment it happened(I trouble shot the issue to gain 100% confirmation", and I had in fact been warned my ass might go if Hug went...even though he has 100 pinks and I have zero(legit ones)...I honestly didn't even get mad or stress, I just said OK my time here may be done and acted accordingly.

Solution is easy, don't target or get personal with other members(especially mods/admin)
I don't think it is a D/R or Left/Right thing as much as some think, although the biggest hissyfits are mostly coming from one side.

I say let bygones be bygones and just stop complaining about how a site is run that we don't pay for...AKA lets just get along and roll with it

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Who put you in the discouraged user list and how did you find out?

That is some bullshit man.
Haha you shut up, your funny as fuck but also stirring a burning bucket of Pooo.

I have two IPs, one I post from logged in and one I lurk on and have never posted from and am never logged in from. I'm not sure I was expected to troubleshoot it so easily. The difference was painfully obvious. I didn't throw a fit though, I just planned on posting on the UG/OG until my sentence was up and if it was indefinite I was gonna ghost this place. Is what it is.

AKA my lurking phone/shitting device while logged out is an actual thing(contrary to popular belief) and uses a different IP.

I can't say who did it, but I can say who probably didn't do it. I don't care either way, is what it is mayne. I'm not into talking shit on who I think may have done it, that would be pointless and probably get me back on a list. Moving on and acting cordial to all is what I plan on doing.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

View attachment 75494

Certainly some are mad about CMNH but nothing can be done about those, they need to get over it.
But SuperPig @Willthiswork and some others didn't stop posting because of CMNH getting the stick.
Something is going on and I'm not really sure what. Probably something I'm and others aren't privy to. Really sucks that we have lost some good mates, that's what chaps my ass my man. Hopefully most come back.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Don't make political threads . I've spelled it out for year's. There's plenty of stupid threads to post on instead.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I'll also add that it looks like fingers, willthiswork, and sheepdog have left. Some issue with Cody as well so not sure what's going on with him but he's a good egg...

Wild doing God's work...

Biggest problem going on currently? Yep you guessed it...

I'm still not convinced CMNH and Fingers were not indeed the same person.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Legal Definition of freedom of speech

the right to express information, ideas, and opinions free of government restrictions based on content and subject only to reasonable limitations (as the power of the government to avoid a clear and present danger) especially as guaranteed by the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
sucks that you cant say whatever you want whenever you want to but freedom of speech does not exist outside of a government setting

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
didnt even know trump had a facebook. i am banned from pretty much everything . there is no free speech guarantee online
Of course there is no guarantee or legal issue with online censorship here but that doesn't mean you have to agree with everything. Do you think all decenting voices should be censored or "discouraged"?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Of course there is no guarantee or legal issue with online censorship here but that doesn't mean you have to agree with everything. Do you think all decenting voices should be censored or "discouraged"?
no of course not. we cant all agree or it gets real boring

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
sucks that you cant say whatever you want whenever you want to but freedom of speech does not exist outside of a government setting
not as a legally enforceable mandate, but certainly as a conceptual "best practice".