Lifestyle What type of exfoliating facial mask do you use?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Normally I use a mint julep mask, but recently ran out. So today I got a detoxifying mask of bamboo charcoal and sugar cane extract, which once rinsed off will be followed with a moisturizing body oil which will then be rinsed off 10-15 minutes later.

So what do you use.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.

After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
I've always looked for a mask I could do this with. if I could get a full face peel, I'd hang it on my wall, kind of like what I want to do when I successfully peel an orange in only one piece.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You should only chemically exfoliate as a general rule, and definitely only chemically exfoliate on a regular basis. Mechanical exfoliation will likely just make your skin worse.

Get an alpha hydroxy acid or salicylic acid.

Begin with using it only once a day every other day. If that goes okay you can move to everyday.

Find a cleanser that works for you and again every other day and then eventually once today. Oily skin types might need twice today.

Use a moisturizer morning and evening. Your morning moisturizer should have sunscreen in it and preferably greater than 30 SPF.

What does that look like all put together?

1. Wake up in rinse your face off with water or use a cleanser if you have oily skin.
  2. Pat face dry and put on moisturizer with sunscreen.

1. At night wash your face with the cleanser.
  2. Every other night...Apply very small amount of your chosen chemical exfoliant.
  3. Let dry.Apply moisturizer.

If your skin can you use exfoliant every night then you can get a moisturizer that has one built end so you don't have so many steps.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
You should only chemically exfoliate as a general rule, and definitely only chemically exfoliate on a regular basis. Mechanical exfoliation will likely just make your skin worse.

Get an alpha hydroxy acid or salicylic acid.

Begin with using it only once a day every other day. If that goes okay you can move to everyday.

Find a cleanser that works for you and again every other day and then eventually once today. Oily skin types might need twice today.

Use a moisturizer morning and evening. Your morning moisturizer should have sunscreen in it and preferably greater than 30 SPF.

What does that look like all put together?

1. Wake up in rinse your face off with water or use a cleanser if you have oily skin.
  2. Pat face dry and put on moisturizer with sunscreen.

1. At night wash your face with the cleanser.
  2. Every other night...Apply very small amount of your chosen chemical exfoliant.
  3. Let dry.Apply moisturizer.

If your skin can you use exfoliant every night then you can get a moisturizer that has one built end so you don't have so many steps.
Yeah but can you do 1000 crunches?

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
This new mask almost makes me feel racist, as it's looks like I'm going into blackface for a 40's comedy skit.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Now that the mask has dried, it looks more like a stone golem than blackface. I can dig this.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'm a dude, so...

What the fuck are you people talking about?