What would you do for a Firefly revamp?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
P

Punch

I just went back and rewatched the series. Fox really fucked up a huge potential franchise by canceling a sci-fi masterpiece like this.

I'd give up drinking coffee for a year if they put this back on.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You know, I think the timing was just not right. Its a huge show online and in overseas markets. I really think had it been made a little later, it could have taken advantage of this and not been held hostage by the studio as much. Now everyone is all over the place doing series I've never watched.

A revamp would really twixt my nethers. You can have my first born!

Fett_Loadin76

That one guy that did that one thing
Jan 24, 2015
While it was definitely cut too short I think the 14 episodes and the movie play perfectly together for a nice day of watching... by revamped do you mean new actors? If so I would say no... half of what made that show was the cast

P

Punch

While it was definitely cut too short I think the 14 episodes and the movie play perfectly together for a nice day of watching... by revamped do you mean new actors? If so I would say no... half of what made that show was the cast
Hell naw, same cast. Disregard the movie and bring back some of the characters who
***spoiler warning***
"Got phased out"

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
It will be 10 years since the film this year. I think they could do a revamp series, perhaps during the Browncoat war or just after, with a younger Mal. It would require the right actor, but it is possible they find him. Give Nathan Fillion a role as Mal's dad in flashbacks.

The universe is a pretty good one and it would be sad to see such a unique IP die. Whether they reboot it soon or at a later date, I think it could be a success, if done right.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Hell naw, same cast. Disregard the movie and bring back some of the characters who
***spoiler warning***
"Got phased out"
Use the spoiler tag, it is with the insert quote option.

BWS

Apr 14, 2015
FOX IS NOTORIOUS FOR NOT GIVING THEIR SHOWS ENOUGH TIME TO GET GOING. THEY CANCEL SHIT VERY QUICKLY.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Let Netflix take over. I would give up my nightly libations for a year.